Chapter 30

We arrived back at the house around midday, as we pulled into the driveway, I noticed both Mason's green jeep and Kara's silver Honda were here.

"Full house, it seems" Tyler said.

"Kara and I planned on going shopping for dresses for the party, I didn't expect her to already be here though" I said, even though I knew she was here already because she couldn't wait to debrief on our weekend away.

We took our bags from the car and made our way to the house. Tyler stopped me just before the door, putting his bag on the ground, he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank-you again for being there with me. You made it bearable going back to that house. Caitlin already text me that she can't wait to come and visit us and hang out with you again"

"Really? At least most of your friends liked me then" I smiled.

"Yup. I also very much enjoyed having you to myself" he said, grinning down at me.

"My favourite weekend by far. I'm glad I could be there for you" I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck, and pulling him towards me. Our lips met and immediately the kiss deepened, getting lost in each other.

That's why we didn't hear the door open behind us.

"Surely you two have had enough of each other all weekend and it's my turn now" Kara interrupted.

Reluctantly, we pulled apart. Grinning at each other, Tyler picked up his bag and walked by Kara and into the house. I looked up at her and she raised one eyebrow, a smirk on her face.

"You can have her for one afternoon Kara, then I think I want her back" Tyler teased.

"Oh, I bet you do" Kara replied.

"Are we booking in time with me now?" I said sarcastically.

"If that's the case, I'll take an hour after dinner. Please and thank you" Mason called from the couch.

"I don't need any time today, maybe tomorrow though" Harry said joining in the banter.

I rolled my eyes, "This is what my life has become. Kara, I need a quick shower before we leave, you good to wait half hour?"

"I suppose I can wait. As long as Tyler stays down here, because otherwise it won't be half an hour" she teases.

"Kara!" I scolded as I made my way upstairs, only hearing snickers of laughter coming from the lounge.

Half an hour later I was showered and picking out a blue floral skater style dress, tying my hair up in a messy bun and grabbing my handbag before meeting Kara downstairs. The moment I hit the landing, Kara leapt up from the couch.

"Finally! Let's go!" she exclaimed.

"Let me just grab a bottle of water" I said, heading to the kitchen, partly wanting to torture her even longer and partly because I was actually thirsty.

As I left the kitchen, walking towards the front door, Tyler walked towards me and I heard Kara groan.

"I'm going for a surf while you're gone. Text me later" he said, looking towards Kara before leaning down and kissing me again. He had cottoned on to the torture game I was playing.

"OK, I better go before she has a fit" I laughed.

Kara practically dragged me to her car. I hadn't even closed the door before she turned to me with an eager grin spread across her face.

"Tell. Me. Everything!" she demanded.

"Where do I even start?" I sighed, leaning my head back against the headrest.

"Nah uh. Don't you even pretend like that! You know exactly where to start, tell me the good stuff and then we can discuss the serious stuff" she said, finally putting the car into reverse as we headed towards the mall.

Tyler, Harry, and I had explained the reasons why Tyler needed to go home to Mason and Kara on Thursday night. We didn't go into great detail, but enough to know about the fire, Madi, and why his mom is in a coma. They were incredibly understanding as I knew they would be and didn't press for any more details than what Tyler had told them. I don't think I had quite grasped the whole situation until stepping into that house and seeing the destruction.

I know Kara wants to discuss that, but of course she first of all wants to hear about our bedroom adventures.

"We had sex, and it was amazing" I sighed happily, remembering exactly how I felt.

Beside me Kara let out some sort of excited scream that sounded similar to a baby pig and I laughed at her reaction.

"It was good? Wow, first times are never good. I remember my first time was awkward and it was over in about 1 minute. I hardly even had enough time to be sore. Tyler must be good"

"It was good, and it certainly was longer than a few minutes. Maybe it's different when it's with the right person? He took his time, made sure I was ok and made sure I was as satisfied as him"

"Oh, look at you! My girl is growing up." Kara gushed.

"Well we have another issue! A stunning brunette with long legs and permanent scowl in my direction"

"You need to give me more than that Kayla"

"Tyler's ex. She has suddenly decided that she wants him back, she totally blew up at everyone, but mostly me. I'm a 'pretty blonde, entitled, skanky, rich bitch' or something like that"

"I thought he said he didn't have an ex pining after him! Liar! At least she isn't wrong, about the pretty blonde part" Kara rolled her eyes.

"He had no idea she felt this way. Even their friends were surprised. I know he doesn't feel the same way about her at all, but they were friends for a long time before they were a couple and I know he feels some guilt even if he hasn't said it out loud. Oh, and her mom ran the motel we stayed at and she hated me too. She made that clear from the first moment we arrived. She even tried suggesting we wanted two separate rooms, but Tyler put her in her place. In fact, he had my back the whole time."

"Oh boy, as if you both don't have enough on your plate without adding in a psycho ex. Let's hope she stays 3 hours away. How was Tyler by the way? He seemed pretty happy when you got home, although on second thoughts that's probably because he got laid" she grinned.

I rolled my eyes, barely hiding my grin before turning serious again, "Going to the house was hard. I didn't realise just how bad it would be. He did so well with the prosecutor, but after the meeting we stayed there for a bit. He told me a bit about how his mom used to be before the drugs changed her. I think it was good for him though, he wants to go and see her. It's a step in the right direction. But it's all up to him, all I can do is just be there for him"

Kara reached across and squeezed my thigh, "He's lucky to have you girl."

I smiled at her, appreciating my best friend so much. Looking back out the window I saw that we had arrived at the mall.

"What colour are you getting?" I asked as we made our way inside. The dress code was blue, red, and white, very 4th July.

"Red of course!" Kara replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

I was wanting a blue dress; blue was always my go to colour. Walking inside, our arms linked together I was beyond happy in this moment. I tried not to let thoughts of my family enter my mind. I knew at some point I would have to face up to reality, but at this point in time I was in my own bubble.