Chapter 11

"Morning" I said as I entered the kitchen the following morning, heading straight for the coffee. I then noticed that Harry, Tyler, and Mason were huddled around a laptop looking incredibly excited. 

After pouring myself a coffee, I leant on the stone bench, leaning on my elbows, holding my coffee cup in front of my face, watching them quite amused. I don't think they had even noticed that I had entered the room or greeted them, they were too engrossed in the laptop screen.

"Yesss! This is so happening!" Harry exclaimed, before looking up and finally seeing me standing in the kitchen. "Oh, Kayla!Good morning" he said with a bright smile, causing the other two to also look up and smiling as they also greeted me.

"What's got you three giggling like middle schoolers who just got told they are going to a One Direction concert?" I questioned. 

"There's a massive swell on the way, it's going to be absolutely epic. We have been watching the weather and the surf gods have confirmed it. This is the surf of the summer!" Harry explained, once again getting incredibly excited.

"The best beach for the swell is Shell Cove" Mason started to explain.

"That's a 2 hour drive away! I hope Harry isn't driving" I said. 

I remember last summer when we tried to take a road trip to Shell Cove and Harry's car broke down leaving us stranded on the side of the road before we could even get there. We weren't rescued till late afternoon and missed our entire day at the beach.

"No smartass. Plus, that wasn't my fault we broke down, my car had just been serviced the week before. Anyway, Mason is driving. Are you coming?" he asked with pleading eyes. 

"Why not. Could be fun watching you lot wipe out all day." I smiled cheekily, earning an eye roll from Mason.

"ROAD TRIP!" Harry yelled excitedly as the rest of us shook our heads laughing at him.

Half an hour later we were crammed into Mason's jeep, Harry and Mason in front and Tyler and I in the back with the surf boards and a picnic lunch we threw together. We had taken the soft top roof off which meant we felt like we had a bit more room than we actually did. It also meant that it was incredibly windy, so I had to redo my hair into a messy bun. Harry was in charge of music choices too, which had us listening to old school Beach Boys. Sometimes I'm sure that he is a 50 year old man trapped in a teenage body.

I was scrolling through Instagram to pass the time when my phone was yanked from my hand.

"Tyler, what the hell?" He grinned at me as he typed something, then snapped a cheesy photo. I eyed him suspiciously when he gave me my phone back.

"Relax, I just put my number in there." He winked, as I felt my phone now vibrate in my hand. 

"You are such a dork!" I laughed looking at my phone and seeing the photo he took lighting up my screen. 

"At least it will make you smile every time I call you"

"Ah, so your going to be calling me, are you?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You two know we can hear your flirting yeah? This car isn't that big" Harry said from the front, turning around to face us. I felt my face blush as Tyler grinned. "What did you get up to yesterday anyway?" he asked.

"You know the new slingshot ride that Mason is too scared to try?" I grinned, raising my eyebrows.

"Hey! I'm not too scared! I suffer from motion sickness" Mason defended himself.