Chapter 17

I'm running as fast as I can, but I can hear his footsteps behind me. 

"You can't run forever Kayla." he sneers, catching me and wrapping his hand firmly around my wrist. I'm trying to move my legs, but they won't move. My brain says run. 

He pulls me into his body, running his hands up and down my body. The rain starts falling, I can hear it first and then I can feel the rain drops on my face. My breathing changes now, he is suffocating me, his hand around my throat but all I can feel is the rain on me, my face wet. 

"You are mine Kayla."

"Kayla. Kay, sweetie wake up" 

I gasp, opening my eyes. Taking in a big breath, I can finally breath again. I sit up, gulping in the air hungrily, I wipe my face realising it is wet with tears. 

"Kayla, are you ok?" Kara asks from beside me, her voice full of concern. 

"It was him. I had a dream." I tried to explain.

"Shhh. It's ok girl, I'm here" she said, wrapping her arms around me. I let her hug me, snuggling my head into her neck.

"Is that rain?" I murmured, suddenly realising the sound of rain wasn't just in my dream. 

"Yeah, it sounds horrible out there." she replied.   

I guess that means we will all be staying in today enjoying the rare summer storm. 

"I'm going to have a shower, freshen up" I said quietly, getting out of the bed and grabbing the first clothes that I could find. I was still feeling shaken from my dream. I glanced to Kara before I left the room. 

"Don't look at me with those pity eyes. I promise, I'll be ok. It was just one bad dream" I tried assuring her, hoping that I was right. 

"Morning friends" I greet as I enter the kitchen, trying to put on a cheery tone. 

As usual find the boys already up and enjoying breakfast. Harry, Jason, and Mason glance up to give me a nod, then I see them do a double take and look at me slightly confused.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, watching Tyler turn around from the breakfast bar. His favourite spot, watching the ocean in the morning. His black eye prominent today.

"What are you even wearing?" Harry asks, "are they my socks?"

I look down, I had a white oversized long sleeve top on, some short black running shorts that you almost couldn't see under my top and a pair of crew length socks that came halfway up my calf. I had tied my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head. 

I shrugged, "Eh, it's a rain day. I don't need to look cute so I threw on the first things I could find and they might be your socks? I found them in the laundry, my feet were cold" I pouted.

They shook their heads, laughing and turned away from me and back to their breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and started making a coffee when I felt a presence behind me.

"I think you look cute" Tyler whispered in my ear, making me smile. I turned to face him, frowning instantly.

"Tyler, your eye looks so much worse today. I'm so sorry, you got hurt because of me."

"It's nothing. Honestly. He deserved it." He said softly, our bodies now closer than ever. 

He snaked his arms around my waist, looking in my eyes, leaning down his head down, our lips about to meet. 

"Kayla, is... Oh, shit sorry. Carry on." Harry interrupted the moment, turning on his heel and walking back out of the kitchen as fast as he entered.