New Worlds and Running Away

I was falling.

What the hell happened?  Last thing I remembered, I was just about to fall asleep after marathoning My Hero Academia for what must have been the millionth time.  Had I fallen off the bed or something?  But then, why was it lasting so long?

I pried opened my eyes just in time to hit the floor hard.  I stared in shock at a classroom full of students and the tall man standing in the front of the room with long, messy black hair.  Before I had a chance to say anything, though, a strong material had wrapped around me and pulled me towards the man.

"Keep working," he snapped at his students before dragging me out the door.

"Wh-what the hell?"  I finally found my voice.  "What's going on?"  I started struggling in the bindings, my heart beginning to pound wildly in my chest.  The man didn't answer, and I started panicking more and more.  Can you blame me?  The last thing I remembered was falling asleep in the safety of my own room before waking up in some weird classroom and immediately being tied up and dragged along by some weird, scruffy-looking guy.  My breathing continued to grow faster and faster until, suddenly, the bindings flew off in a large circle around me, sending me plummeting to the ground yet again.  The man's shocked eyes met my own, neither of us really sure of what just happened.  I didn't waste a second in scrambling to my feet and running as fast as I could.  As I ran, I swerved from side to side, doing my best to dodge the constant barrage of attacks with that weird material.  I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to keep this up, but I refused to let him tie me up again.

I skidded down hallway after hallway, hearing more pairs of footsteps joining in the pursuit.  My hammering heart became louder and louder as searched desperately for an exit until, finally, I hit a dead-end.  I whipped around to face multiple adults standing at the other end of the hallway.

"St-stay back," I panted, my entire body trembling in fear.  Whoever these people were, I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to go with anyone who tried to capture you and then chased you down.  My eyes flickered warily from one person to another as I watched for any kind of movement.  The scruffy-looking man from earlier tensed slightly, his hands tightening around that fabric as He got ready to throw it at me again.  Immediately, my heart leapt into my throat and my fear increased, and suddenly I was surrounded by loud, rushing currents of water swirling and crashing endlessly.

My eyes widened, and I stumbled back a bit only to almost run into the waters behind me, causing me to jump back and fall on my ass.  I stared at the currents that surrounded me in a dome, tears of fear pricking at my eyes.  My breathing continued to pick up, my trembling only increasing.  I shrank in on myself, glancing around wildly at the white of the fast, crashing waters that surrounded me.  What the hell was this?  Who was doing this?  Oh god, I just wanted to go home!

--3rd person POV--

Aizawa, Midnight, Present Mic, and Cementoss all stood in shock before the sphere of rushing water that had just formed in the middle of their school's hallway.

"Well, I guess we know what her quirk is," Present Mic commented.

Midnight rolled her eyes and turned to Aizawa.  "Can you erase her quirk?" she asked, gesturing to the ball of currents.

The sleep-deprived man shook his head.  "I can't make her out through all of that foam.  My quirk only works if I can see her.  And even if I did, she's escaped me once before.  I won't be able to keep my eyes open all the way to Nezu's."

Midnight nodded and ripped the fabric of her sleeve, but the gas immediately got caught up in the current and thrown in all different directions, causing her to turn it off quickly for fear of the teachers or one of the nearby classrooms falling victim to the quirk.  "My quirk can't get through either," she sighed.

Aizawa looked at his fellow teachers quietly for a moment before taking action.  "Cementoss, can you create a tunnel?"  The large, block-like man nodded.  "Alright, I'm going to crawl through and erase her quirk.  As soon as I do, Midnight, I need you to knock her out."

Cementoss knelt down and placed his hands on the floor, using the cement they had laid for the hallway to make a square tunnel through the water currents.  He grunted as soon as it was formed, the cement immediately taking a rough beating from the currents being pounded into it.  "Hurry.  It won't last long," he warned.  Aizawa quickly crawled through the surprisingly long tunnel.  Finally, he came out the other side and met the sight of the young girl who had crashed into his classroom earlier curled up in a ball, her head in her hands as she hyperventilated, sobbing, "I wanna go home," over and over again.  He felt a slight pang in his chest at the sight of the girl's pure, unadulterated fear before quickly steeling his resolve.  She was an intruder -- one who had managed not to set off the alarms of the incredibly strong, up-to-date security system of the top hero school.  He needed to neutralize her.

Aizawa turned on his quirk, and the water fell from around them, absolutely soaking the two.  The teenager looked up in shock and met his gaze.  The terror in her eyes was even greater than he had imagined.

"Please don't hurt me," she sniffled softly, her eyes shining with tears and her cheeks stained by the ones she had already shed.  "Please, whatever I did, I'm sorry, just.. just let me go."

Her terrified pleas halted Aizawa in his tracks.  They were far from what he expected.  Usually villains gave up on words by then, choosing instead to lash out at the heroes.  So why was this girl so different?  She was a villain, right?

His hesitation lasted but a moment before calling, "Midnight, now!"  The pink gas floated towards them, and Aizawa held his breath as he continued to stare at the girl with his quirk activated.

Her breathing hitched, and she scrambled backwards, eyeing the gas with that same fear that she had been directing towards him only a moment ago, her hyperventilating breaths only seeming to increase.  Before long, though, her quick breaths had inhaled enough of the gas, and she had collapsed.  Her breathing finally evened out a bit, her features that had been twisted by fear relaxing slightly, though her cheeks were still stained from the tears.

The pink gas dissipated once she was asleep, and the rest of the teachers gathered beside Aizawa to study the sleeping teenager.  "She's so young," Present Mic sighed at the sight of the young girl.  "Is she really a villain?"

"She has to be, right?" Midnight responded, though sounding a bit unsure herself.

"She infiltrated UA," Aizawa responded curtly.  "No matter her intentions, that makes her villain enough at least until we question her."  The others nodded slowly.  The silence lasted a bit longer until Aizawa finally picked her up, wrapping her in his capture weapon as somewhat of on insurance policy before making his way down to his boss's office.