Chapter 6

I holster my weapon and approach the man. As I pass Elle, I hear her mumble "shit". A small smile touches my lips but I quickly force it away.

"We're with the FBI. Where did you get this vehicle?" I ask him. He's wearing a prison guard uniform. "Tim asked if I'd switch cars for the night. Said I could take her for a spin, just had to drive as far out of town as possible. He even gave me a twenty, for my trouble he said." The man who's not Vogel shakes his head. "What's going on here?"

"Sir, we're sorry for the misunderstanding," Gideon says. "What kind of car do you own?"

"An '04 Ford Explorer. White."

I nod to Elle as she pulls out her phone. "Thank you for your help," I say to the man, his hands now on top of his head. "And again, sorry for ruining your night."

A minute later Elle walks back to the three of us. "APB's out. And police are on the way to escort you home and take Vogel's car."

The man nods.

Within minutes Seattle police arrive and Elle, Gideon, and I are back on the road.

Gideon's phone rings just as he's about to dial Hotch's number. He puts it on speaker and holds it in between us.

"We're all here, Hotch," I say to the phone. "Vogel used a decoy. We sent out an APB but he could be anywhere by now."

Elle interjects, "And with us breathing down his neck, he'll probably kill Heather the next chance he gets."

A blanket of silence settles over the car at the idea that Heather may only have a few hours left to live.

"We're not letting that happen. Hotch, tell us you have something."

"We do. The boys got the computer open."

"Reid find some sort of code?" I ask.

"No. Morgan. The answer was in Slessman's music collection."

"Nice one, hot shot," I say quietly.

"What was in it?" Gideon asks.

"A live feed of Heather Woodland. Garcia's tracking it now and– correction, she just sent the location."

All three of our phones buzz.

"We're on it, Hotch. See you soon."

"Be careful, C."

The corner of my mouth turns up into a smile. "Always."

------------------------------------

A/n
Sorry this chapter is so short, but the next one is an important scene and I didn't want to split it in half.
And if you're reading this, thank you!!!
:)