Chapter 70

"We should do this more often," I mumble into her neck. Her back presses against my bare chest, my legs wrapped around hers. Her hands trace up and down my thighs in the warm water, leaving my skin tingling.

"We should," she agrees. She sinks deeper into me as my hand travels across her chest, the other wrapped around her waist.

I'm leaning against the edge of the bathtub, Elle's head on my shoulder. Bubbles swarm our bodies and give off a flowery scent.

It's been three weeks since the Fisher King. She's healing, slowly. Baths are easier for her than showers, and I joined her one time last week. She took a liking to the idea.

The nights are the worst. She doesn't get the nightmares every night, but when she does, they're awful. She wakes up terrified. All I can do for her is be there, talk her through it. The Bureau requires that she goes to therapy sessions once a week. Her first one was last Friday. She came home drained and went straight to bed, distancing herself. I'm worried about her.

But she loves doing this. And I love that it helps.

"I have one last trip to make and then I should be all set," she tells me. She's been moving into my apartment over the past week. There's two closets and two sets of drawers upstairs, so it was fairly easy.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

Elle nods against my shoulder. She doesn't like to be there alone. I don't blame her.

I kiss her temple and both my hands wrap around her waist. She winces as my palm passes over her healing wound on it's way to her hips.

"I'm sorry," I say quickly.

"It's okay. It didn't hurt."

She turns her head to face me but I'm looking away. She takes my hand in hers and surprises me by placing my palm on the scar that's forming.

"What are you doing?" I ask, confused.

"Getting used to it."

I don't know if she's doing it for her or me. I lift my palm slightly, my fingers tracing the edges. She tenses underneath my touch but slowly relaxes.

Her hands return to grazing my thighs. "What does it feel like?"

"You."

She stays quiet and leans into me. It takes me a moment to realize she's crying. I don't say anything. I just keep my arms around her, my fingertips tracing her wound.

Getting used to it.

--------------

a/n
this chapter's really short but i'm kinda in love with it
:)