2. Memory Loss

Advik's POV

I have still not recovered from the unfortunate tragedy which has happened with me few hours back without any care that tragedy is relaxing inside the hospital ward and here I am sitting and waiting for her to give her statement.

"Son don't worry, everything will be alright. Relax!" My father said while my mother was staring at that girl from the little window on the door.

"Mom why are you standing there, come sit over here." I said not wanting to exhaust herself.

"Son, I am worried." She uttered.

"Mom don't worry as Dad also said--"

"No Advik I am not worried about you, I know my son is capable of handling all the obstacles thrown at him. I am worried for that girl. As the doctor said she was having multiple bruises on her body which were brutal that means she was being abused. Who knows she might be running away from her tormentors or probably someone was after her that night but she came in front of your car and this happened. We need to take care of her son, probably she is in some sort of danger." My mother said making Vihaan snicker.

"Lol Bro look at your face. Your facial expressions are perfect example of betrayal. Gosh! You are jealous? Aren't you? That Mom is worried about that stranger and not you." Vihaan said making me glare at him.

"Mom firstly it's the duty and responsibility of cops to find out about her and about the truth behind those bruises. It's not our job and secondly just pray that we leave this place soon." I muttered desperately wanting to leave the hospital.

"Mr Advik the patient is conscious now. Come inside." The doctor said and I was relieved that finally I'll be able to leave this place.

As soon as we entered inside the room, my eyes landed on a body who was now sitting on the hospital bed looking outside from the only glass window in the room. She was dressed in the hospital gown, her jet black hairs were left open while her face was looking quite pale. As if all the energy was drowned from her body. Her brown eyes were looking lifeless as if they have no dreams, her fingers were fidgeting probably because of the number of people who were now around her.

"Dear are you feeling well?" The doctor asked to which she nodded timidly.

"Great. Can you answer some of my questions?" The doctor asked to which she nodded again.

"So tell us your name?" He asked and I was running out of my patience. I quickly want to get over with this and leave. I have a lot of work to do. I was still in my thoughts when a sudden statement made my head throb with pain.

"I--I don't remember my name." The girl stuttered.

"Do you remember anything?" The doctor asked again.

"I--I don't know. I--I don't know why I am here. Where am I? Who are these people? P-l-e-a-s-e my head hurts." The girl sobbed and held her head with her fragile hands.

"Nurse give her the medicine. I am outside." The doctor commanded and motioned us to tag along with him.

"Doc I don't know what you are thinking. But let me tell you one thing. Neither I know that girl nor am I interested in knowing her. I told you it was an accident, I can pay all the bills for her, and if you need any monetary aid then I am ready to do so. I am also ready to record my statement with the police, but I will not stay here anymore. She is not my responsibility. So I am going." I said and was going to stomp away from the scene when the doctor again interrupted me.

"Mr Advik I can understand the turmoil you are facing but please try and understand she has lost her memory and to leave her here in this condition is not appropriate. She'll probably ask us a million questions about her whereabouts and we can't help her. Her treatment is done and she has to Leave the hospital today or tomorrow." He said.

"So? She has lost her memory then what should I do? Should I go on mission to bring her memory back? I don't know her Doctor. Neither do I know her name nor I know anything about her family. What can I do?---- Wait I have one idea. We can contact the police and soon they'll search her family. Till then you can keep her here." I yelled furiously.

"But Mr Advik what if there has been no missing report or if the police couldn't find about her family then what? You also know that she has multiple bruises on her body which means she was being abused. She is only safe with you. If someone would be after her then he or she cannot reach her if she is with you." The doctor ranted more like continued to sympathise with her.

"Doctor if she was being abused then we should definitely inform the police and in no way I am going to take her responsibility. That's final. Goodbye." With that said I left and mentally made a note to ignore the pleading eyes of my mother because I don't want her to force me in taking that girl along with us.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovely People 💙
What's up Guys.

¶ I don't know much about the medical terminology but after checking up the girl and all those bruises on her body, doctors reported that she was being abused. I hope this Chapter made sense.¶

Your thoughts on today's Chapter?

What do you guys think was Advik right in what he said and did?

¶ Keep on showering your love on this book. Add this book to your reading list or library for future updates. Also keep on commenting it makes me feel that yes you guys are liking it.¶