14. Hurt

Advik's POV

"Sir you called me?" I heard a melodious voice distracting me from the pile of files lying on my office table.

"Yeah! Come inside Pari." I mumbled and motioned her to come inside. Few days back Pari went to the mall with Mom and purchased few clothes for herself. I must say her choice is bold yet elegant. She was dressed up like a beautiful doll in the perfect attire which is absolutely appropriate according to our dress code.

"Sir why are you smiling?" She asked breaking me from my trance. I was quite embarrassed as I was dozing off in her dreams, I chuckled and mumbled while rubbing the back of my nape.

"Uhh---Nothing, I was just thinking of my tomorrow's meeting. Yeah!" I lied.

"Well! Pari how's your work going? Have you accomplished your today's task?" I inquired turning my professional mode on.

"Yes Sir, I have already completed it. I am done with maintaining the excel sheets, sending few mails and cross examining the rest of the files." She said answering what was required.

"Okay!" I sighed and noticed that she nodded and was going to ask for my leave.

Not wanting to leave her sight I thought of ways on how to stop her from going.

"Pari---actually I wanted to ask that are you feeling comfortable in this environment? I hope no one is troubling you here?" I asked her while moving towards her.

We both were standing at a very close proximity facing each other, there was only a little space between us.

"I---I am feeling absolutely a-l-r-i-g-h-t." Pari stuttered and I mentally realised that she is probably feeling terrified because of me. It hurts me when I realise that she is still uncomfortable with me.

I sighed and left some distance between us. I gently held her hand and started caressing it softly. Her hands felt very delicate as compared to mine.

"Pari, firstly there is no need to be anxious and terrified of me. Not even in my wildest dreams I could hurt you. You are very precious to me---I mean you are very precious for all of us. I have reminded you this numerous times and I am going to repeat it again that--- Pari we all our a big and happy family." I whispered softly to make her realise that she is not alone.

With that being said I turned around when I felt someone holding my arm. It was a gentle yet firm touch. I turned towards Pari and saw she was looking at the floor adorably. She had a pout on her face as if I had scolded her.

"Thank You!" Pari whispered still gawking at the floor.

"Advik I know that you and our family respects me and loves me, Gosh! I can't even tell you how much elated I feel when I adress your family as my family. Never ever have they made me feel like an outcast it's just that I am a person without any knowledge of my past, I just don't want to hurt or bother you all because of my poor self. I have never ever said you this but I am really greatlful of your presence in my life Advik. You have understood my anxiety, those ugly flashbacks of mine. You have not only motivated me to stand for myself but you have also fought for me whenever required.

Thanks for everything Advik and I apologize if you feel that I am scared of you. I know I still tremble and feel frightened but I would never be afraid of you. Advik you are a blessing in disguise for me, you are that friend which every girl desires and I am exuberant that you are that person for me." Pari whispered with her glossy eyes although that word friend bothered me a bit but I chose to ignore it at the moment.

It was less than a milli second when I felt a small body pressed against mine. She was sobbing lightly, her head was lying against my shoulder, and my coat was tightly wrapped up in her small fists. I slowly raised my arms and warpped them around her waist. I just don't want her to feel uncomfortable even in the slightest.

"Shh--It's okay Pari. Take as much time as you want. I am with you as your friend."

----------------------------------------------------

I was working in my cabin when as usual Vihaan barged inside startling me.

"Bro let's go it's getting late."

"Yeah let's go I am just closing this file till then go and call Pari. We three will go together." I commanded him.

"Bro----Actually--" I heard Vihaan stuttering which is very unusual causing me to jerk my head upwards.

"What's wrong Vihaan? Are you okay? Pari? Is Pari alright?" I questioned him getting cautious and alert.

"Bro actually Pari is not in the office. She went outside with a person. He is an employee of our company. I saw both of them going somewhere an hour before." Vihaan uttered making me furious.

"One hour before? Who the hell is that person? Why didn't you notify me before? Where is she right now? She doesn't even have a cell phone with her. God! Vihaan why didn't you stop her?" I yelled.

"Bro calm down, I was unable to stop her and she is not a child, she will come back soon. Don't worry let's go back." Vihaan said and pulled me with himself.

Where the hell are you Pari? I hope you are fine! I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was around 9pm and we all were unaware of Pari's whereabouts. I was frustrated and continued to pace around in the living room while my parents were sitting on the leather couch. All of us were tense and I was mentally cursing myself for not providing Pari with a mobile.

"Advik I am getting worried. When will Pari return?" Mom mumbled.

I was about to open my mouth when we all heard the front door opening. It was none other than Pari. I sighed and thanked all the heavens that she is safe.

"Pari where the hell were you? Do you even know what's the time right now? You didn't even bother to notify me that you are leaving and God knows with whom? May I get the privalge to know who that person was?" I yelled ignoring the tears forming in her eyes.

"Pari--- Please stop crying. I was worried sick for you. We all were worried and here you are bawling your eyes out instead of giving a valid explanation." I fumed with anger but still didn't receive any response from her.

"Fine do whatever you want. Keep on crying." I yelled and rushed towards my room.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone 🌺

•How was the Chapter Guys?

•Do you think that Advik's worry and concerns are Valid?

•We still don't know Pari's side of Story. We have to wait for that.😉

¶Their confession is not that far Guys.😉🤭¶

😉🤭¶