19. Fear

Third Person POV

In the corner of a small and untidy kitchen there was a pale and skinny girl who was sniffing lightly and washing utensils. The only sound which could be heard was of her hands rubbing against the utensils.

"Hey! can't you even do a single thing properly? Why the hell are you making so noise? Damm! Act accurately and serve me the dinner. I am starving." Came a loud and obnoxious voice which was enough to give goosebumps to the pale girl. Silently and carefully she made her way towards the person who ordered her and placed the tray of food over the table.

It was within a fraction of seconds when the person threw the tray of food on the floor and started yelling.

"What the hell is this? Don't you even know how to cook? Do you even call this as a proper and edible diet? You piece of shit." The person shouted and pulled the pale girl from her arm and took her towards a small, dark room.

"Rot here for tonight in this basement without any electricity, water and food." The unknown person shouted at the frightened girl and left her alone in that cage. The girl was crying and yelling her heart out. She was terrified to spend another night in this dark hole and was cursing her fate. With the passing second, she could only hyperventilate and curl herself in the corner.

"Aaaaaaa" Came a loud and shrieking voice which brought everyone in Pari's room.

As soon as Advik, Vihaan and their parents entered inside Pari's room they saw her panting while tears were flowing through her eyes continuously. They were bewildered to see Pari in such a condition.

"Pari? Pari?" Advik kept on calling her name but it was as if Pari was still trapped in her thoughts. She wanted to run away from those flashbacks but they were pulling her towards themselves. She was trying to run away from those haunting nightmares but was unable to do so. There was an invisible force which was pulling her towards it.

Advik cupped her cheeks and kept on mumbling soothing words but this time nothing was working.

"Advik beta(son) give me some space. Let me handle her." Mrs Sharma whispered trying to control her emotions hard. It was paining her to see Pari in such a condition.

Advik unwillingly moved aside and let her mother embrace Pari. He knew that Pari right now needed a mother figure more than anything.

"Shhh-- sweetie look there is no harm. They all are your family. This is Advik your love, this is Vihaan our prankster and see this man is your father figure. We all our your family darling. Don't panic, I am with you, I won't let anyone harm you okay!" Mrs Sharma mumbled ever so softly in her ears, Pari was wrapped in Mrs Sharma's delicate arms which were providing her warmth and safety at the moment.

"It's okay Shhh" Mrs Sharma kept on singing a lullaby so that she could make Pari asleep. Infact Pari was so tired and stressed that the moment Mrs Sharma started singing she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

When the Sharma family realised that Pari has dozed off they thought to give her space and have a talk regarding this incident with her tomorrow.

"Come Son let's go." Mr Sharma said which was directed towards Advik who was continuously staring at Pari.

"No Dad. I can't go to sleep thinking that Pari is uncomfortable. What if she again wakes up panting because of a flashback. No! Dad I'll stay with her. I want to look out for her." Advik whispered gently. His heart was clenching at the thought of Pari's condition.

"Okay Son." Advik's father replied knowing very well that in no way Advik would leave Pari's side therefore the trio made their way out.

On the other hand Advik who was still in Pari's room made his way towards Pari's bed and slowly sat besides her. He pulled the comforter over her body and delicately intervened Pari's hands with his own. There were stain of tears on her face which were proof of her pain.