9. Change

Advik's POV

Things were not the same especially after that incident when I found Pari broken and shattered.

There was a drastic improvement in our bond. Unknowingly I was becoming very cautious and alert of people around her.

"Bro there is a meeting in 5 minutes. What are you waiting for? You have to deliver the presentation in front of everyone. Let's go." Vihaan said and motioned me to tag along with him.

"Bring Pari with you. I will be waiting in the meeting room."  I said thinking about something with a determined expression.

------------------------------------

"Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. As we all have gathered here for an indispensable meeting therefore without wasting anyone's time I would like to request Ms Pari to conduct today's presentation." I said and called Pari on the podium. I could see she was stupefied and panic-stricken.

"Sir, I--"

"Pari listen to me. No need to stress, we both have prepared this presentation together, rather your efforts are more as compared to mine therefore I want you to take the limelight of today's show." I encouraged her.

"But Sir, what if I disappoint you? what if because of me you lose this deal?" Pari mumbled her voice full of insecurities.

"Then help me win Ms Pari." I said and made my way towards the chair. I know she can do it. She will definitely win this. I thought.

"Let's start Ms Pari." I ordered her. Everyone could see how nervous she was. Her fingers were tightly wrapped against the hem of her dress. Her legs were trembling under the scrutinizing gazes of the audience.

"When will you start lady?"

"What is taking you so long?"

"Bro why are you not doing anything. People are taking Shit about her." Vihaan said going in his protective mode.

"She will shut everyone's mouth soon. Just wait and watch." I said looking at her fondly. I have faith in her.

"Can't you even give a presentation? Who has even hired you?"

And that was the last stroke for Pari. It was on instinct that she made a determined face and started delivering the presentation. Everyone in the room were in a trance on the way she conducted herself.

In that moment I was feeling so proud of her and was joyous that she finally stood up for herself.

-------------------------------

Pari's POV

Till now I was not aware that how much important it is to stand up for your own self. Instead of letting other people define you, it's essential to make your mark and prove that you are unique.

I knew that with passing days I was changing and the change was beautiful.  The most important part of this change was that I was loving it.

There was one more change in my life that I was appreciating which was my relation with Advik. It was now more cordial than before.

I was collecting my belongings and was preparing to leave for home when someone interrupted me in between.

"You are up for a brunch? We missed our lunch today because of the meeting and I am hungry. So Will you?" Advik asked appearing inside my cabin.

"Yeah-- Sure, is Vihaan also joining?" I asked.

"Uh---actually he was tired therefore he already left for home." Advik replied while rubbing his nape which honestly appeared quite suspicious.

"Oh! Okay. Let's go." I said and followed him.

It took us half an hour to reach a small and cute restaurant.

"Did you like the place?" Advik asked

"Yeah I did. This place is really nice. It's small but it's comfortable." I murmured picking a corner where we could sit and have our meal.

"Actually I was surfing the internet and then I found this place. It's cozy and small because I wanted you to feel comfortable and I knew that you still feel uneasy to go out in crowded places." Advik replied astonishing me. He thought about me and respected my choices was something which I was not expecting.

"I--I thanks for taking all these things into consideration." I said with a smiling face.

After placing our order we fell into small talks here and there.

"If you don't mind can you tell me something about your childhood? I have no memories about my childhood but I wish to know how it feels through you." I asked Advik while looking at him.

"My childhood--well there is nothing much. I do not come from a wealthy background rather whatever luxuries today we have is all because of my parents. My father gave his all to make both the ends work. My Mom despite being a housewife was the only reason that we didn't fall apart. My parents taught me how to be patient and work with dedication. They used to say that practice is the only way through which I can achieve success. Pari we have faced a lot of difficulties but the good thing about that time was that our love for each other kept on increasing. Because of that we were able to face all the obstacles together. I didn't had that much of friends because you know, who would befriend a poor middle class, nerdy kid but whatever little I had at that time, I was contented." Advik said with pure adoration in his eyes. They were the proof of his love for his family.

"I know you would have probably heard this but let me also say-- I am so proud of you Advik. I am proud of that little boy who took everything as a sport and made his parents proud. Instead of losing yourself you found a new purpose in your life." I whispered back, staring at him fondly.

We kept on talking for a while in the comfortable aroma surrounding us.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone 🌺

•Well! Well! There is huge improvement in Advik's behaviour. Right? What say?

•In life we do face certain situations which make us feel that life is extremely harsh on us, which is natural but instead of losing hope and giving up. We should give  our 100% and wait for what fate has in hold for us. Isn't it?

 Isn't it?