7. Cross Questioning

Advik's POV

It was time to leave for my office when I did a double check and looked at my appearance in the mirror. Today I was wearing a white shirt with black trousers and a black coat as per my dress code. For the footwear I chose black leather shoes.

After accumulating all my belongings I made my way downstairs and saw Pari sitting on the long modular couch. She was dressed up in my mom's clothes although they were not as per my office's dress code but the clothes perfectly fitted her body as if they belonged to her only.

(Pari's Dress)

(Pari's Dress)

I don't know why mom came up with this name but if I think unbiasedly then this name perfectly suits her. After coming out of my bizarre thoughts I marched towards her.

"Let's go, we are getting late."  I said and made my exit. After reaching towards my car, I sat on the driver's seat and waited for her to come.  Within a fraction second Pari came and sat on the seat besides me.

After tucking my seat belt, I gazed at her and saw she was sitting in a stiff posture and was looking outside.

"Wear your seatbelt." I murmured.

Even after speaking these words she was sitting like I didn't utter any single word out of my mouth.

I sighed and moved my body a little towards her side to which she suddenly jerked and shielded herself from her arms. Her eyes were tightly shut probably assuming that I would hurt her. Her body was trembling which made me froze on the spot. Never in my wildest dreams I was expecting such a reaction from her. Unknowingly there was a feeling of empathy and hurt for her in my heart.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." I whispered and pulled the seatbelt over her.

The drive towards my office was quite silent, neither she said anything nor I opened my mouth. Ten minutes passed and I thought to play some music. There was something about folk music which always calmed my soul however there were only minimal people who preferred folk music like me. Majority of people with whom I have interacted were more of jazz, rock, pop, and hip hop lovers.

I turned the radio on and soon a folk song started playing. Few minutes passed and I noticed Pari murmuring the lyrics of this song making me astonished. Wow!  she knows the lyrics of this song which means she has probably listened this song a few times or maybe is a sucker of folk music like me. I nodded, taking note of these small details.

I cleared my throat and asked "Did you like this song?"

"Yeah-- I-- I actually feel that I have heard this song somewhere. The lyrics of this song are very soothing." She mumbled.

"Okay! After this I'll ask mom to take you for shopping so that you can purchase few clothes and other necessities for yourself as you have none." I said and parked my car at the parking spot.