15. Care

Pari's POV

I was engrossed in my work when I heard someone knocking at my cabin's door.

"Hello Ms Pari, May I come in?" That person said to which I nodded and motioned him to sit on the adjacent chair.

"Actually Ms Pari I am Ravi, marketing manager in our company. I saw you joining here few weeks back. I must say you are really hard working. The entire organisation is talking about your work ethics and you are truly an inspiration for so many people." Ravi said while acknowledging my work culture and honestly despite his admiration towards my work, I was feeling very akward. Instead of feeling giddy that he is appreciating me I was having a bizarre feeling in my stomach.

"T-h-a-n-k Y-o-u." I stuttered badly.

"Are you okay? I hope I am not perturbing you." He said and continued speaking.

"Actually I wanted to ask certain things about our recent project. There are few queries which I have regarding marketing policies and I hope you don't mind helping me out." He said and I nodded him indicating that I am ready to help him. Advik told me once that it's my responsibility to provide assistance to the mangers of other departments if it's in my reach.

"Okay! tell me your queries?" I asked.

"Uh---actually Ms Pari I am hungry and I also want to get over with this project so if you don't mind would you accompany me to the nearby cafe. We can have something to eat and we'll also have a discussion with regard to this project." He said not observing my uneasiness. I wanted to deny but I was terrified thinking about his reaction. What if he yells at me? I don't know what to do? Should I go or should I refute? I thought.

"Okay." I whispered unwillingly.

It was half an hour that we were sitting in the cafe and Ravi kept on rambling about his likes and dislikes.

"Ravi we are here to discuss the project.  So let's start that." I said without stuttering wanting to get over with this.  He is nowhere similar to Advik.  I am sure anyone from afar could understand that I am feeling uncomfortable but this person is probably ignoring it. If it would have been Advik at his place then I am sure he would have made me feel at ease. There is something about him which immediately brings a smile on my face.

What am I even thinking? I came out of my trance and finally opened my mouth to speak.

"Mr Ravi I hope you can notice that I am not feeling comfortable. Please don't mind but we were here for our professional work not for having a personal chit chat. I am leaving Mr Ravi as I don't want to be here anymore." I said hurriedly afraid of his reaction and ran away in search of a cab.

It was after 45 minutes later that I reached Sharma residence. I hastily made my way inside and saw everyone was present in the living room.

"Pari where the hell were you? Do you even know what's the time right now? You didn't even bother to notify me that you are leaving and God knows with whom? May I get the privalge to know who that person was?" Advik yelled bringing tears in my eyes.

"Pari--- Please stop crying. I was worried sick for you. We all were worried and here you are bawling your eyes out instead of giving a valid explanation." He fumed with anger however I was unable to utter words from my mouth.

"Fine do whatever you want. Keep on crying." Advik yelled. I was stunned to see his outburst.

"Darling where were you? We are very worried for you." Mom said and I took her fragile hands in mine and narrated them the entire story.

"Oh! That idiot. Don't worry Pari, I know Advik Bhaiya(brother) will teach him a lesson." Vihaan said through his gritted teeths to which Mr and Mrs Sharma nodded.

I instantly remembered about Advik's outburst and his reaction. I have to talk to him.  I thought.

"Vihaan, Mom and Dad I am going to talk to Advik first." I mumbled and ran towards his room.

I can't let him believe lies. I have to tell him my side of the story as well. I thought determined.

I knocked on his door gently to which he whispered 'come in'. I sighed and slowly made my way inside. His room was dark, and no source of light was present. I could see a silhouette standing in the balcony which was attached to Advik's room. I recognized that it was Advik's silhouette.

I slowly yet firmly took small steps in his direction. I knew that he won't hurt me, but still I was afraid that what would he do to Ravi.

"Advik?" I whispered and received dead silence. His back was turned towards me and he was staring at the dark sky.

Sighing for the tenth time, I opened my mouth again to convey my story to Advik but I was kind of relieved to see that Advik spoke first.

"Pari my intention is not to restrain you from doing what you love. If you want to go with someone, you are free to do so. It's your life and I am no one to meddle in between. It's just that it pains me to see that you are more than comfortable with other's but you still take time to get congenial with me. It was you who said in the morning that you don't trust other's much then how were you so sure about Ravi's intentions. But whatever it is, it's okay. I don't care." Advik said without thinking that with each word he was shattering my heart into bits and pieces.

He doesn't care? How could he say this so easily?

I saw him leaving the balcony but before he could assume anything more, I at last blurted out the truth.

"Advik Stop! Do you even care for me? Because if you did then you would have listen to me and would not spit random nonsense.  It was Ravi who came to me  and said that he wanted to discuss about the upcoming project and unwillingly I agreed to it because you were the one who said that I am responsible for solving the queries of all the managers but I didn't know it would turn into a chit- chat show. Advik I assure you that I didn't even respond to his questions, I was just sitting there, mustering courage to leave and he kept on rambling. Advik trust me please, I was unaware about his intentions. I made it clear to him that I am only interested in professional matters and nothing else." I said to his back as he was still not facing me.

"You are hurting me Advik earlier I thought that your yelling was the one which pained me but no your ignorance is hurting me more." I sobbed and fell on the floor while clutching my own dress. Till now I wasn't aware that even an ignorance can hurt you to the extent that it feels like your heart is splintering into pieces. Why his stoic expression was breaking me even more? Will he not trust me anymore?

It was probably after a minute that I was wrapped in a warm hug. Advik pulled me in his embrace and kept on murmuring apologies. I was relieved to see that he was back in his usual self and it was enough to bring a smile on my face.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys 🌺

•How was the Chapter? Was it emotional or not? If not then don't worry upcoming chapters will surely soften your heart.😉

Whether it is any relation in your life the most important thing is to have a proper communication. Isn't it?

•Advik and Pari have finally sort the issue but their feelings are still not sorted.