24. Meeting the Kapoor's

Pari's POV

I was waiting for Advik to return in the living room with Mom, Dad and Vihaan.  I was pacing around the room out of frustration when I heard the front door opening to reveal none other than Advik.

I hurriedly ran towards him and threw myself on him. I wanted to be close to him and feel his warmth because that is only thing which can make me feel sane.

"Advik--" I whispered removing my body unwillingly from his.

"What did the police say? Are those people really my family? Advik I tried my best to reminisce my past but all in vain. I don't know whom to believe, those people are saying I was involved in a toxic relationship but I can't seem to remember anything. My mind is saying to trust them but my heart is still terrified. I can't believe that I went against them, against my own family for a boyfriend-- I am not that kind of a person Advik. I can go to any extent for my family but hurting them is next to impossible. I---I don't know what to do Advik." I cried and hid myself against his chest. While Advik was quick to wrap me in his strong and protective arms.

"Shh--It's alright. Don't worry we'll find a way out. " Advik reassured me while holding me firmly.

"Advik beta(Son) but what are we going to do now. I myself do not want to let Pari go but if they are honest and they are her family then we can't refrain them from meeting her." Mr Sharma said making me shift my head in his direction. I don't want to go, I don't want to leave Advik,  I thought and on the cue Advik gently intervened his fingers with mine and started speaking.

"Dad I met them at the police station as well. They were continuously rambling on how much they miss Pari and want to meet her once. From the moment I have met them I was in dilemma but now I have taken a decision." Advik said making me puzzle. I was frowning as to what is going in his brain.

"I'll call them tomorrow so that they can meet Pari." As soon as those words left Advik's lips my mouth was left ajar. Unknowingly my heart was beating rapidly and my grip on Advik's hand released. Unable to listen anything further I rushed towards my room closing the door after me.

How could he? I don't remember anything about them still he is inviting them here. Why? Are they really my family? Was I really involved with someone? I thought and pulled my hairs out of frustration. I fell on the floor while clutching my heart tightly.

God knows for how long I was in that position when I heard constant knocks on the door bringing me out of my trance.

"Pari? Pari? Open the door please? Listen to me atleast? C'mon Pari give me a chance to explain myself angel." I heard him saying. I slowly and gradually moved towards the door  and traced the pattern of the door with my fingers.

"Pari? Open the door please." He continued.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? You said  you won't leave me then why?" I uttered still standing near the door and tried to feel his presence against the door. Even his mere presence is enough to calm the turmoil in my heart.

I heard Advik sighing and later on he spoke,

"Angel I will never let you go and that's my word. It's just that if they are your real family then I can't refrain them from meeting you but that doesn't mean I'll let them take you away from me. Absolutely not! Trust me I'll handle everything tomorrow. Even if the entire world says against you I won't trust them because it's only your words that matter to me. Only when you'll say me that you need to go back to your family then only I'll let you go. If someday your memories come back and you want to leave me and go to your family or boyfriend I won't stop you because your happiness is my priority but that doesn't mean I'll give up on you, No! Pari I'll keep on fighting for you and for your love." Advik finished and I could hear that he was crying at the other end.