10

"Bella?" I say as i walk into our room the next morning

I find her quickly shutting off her computer

"Whatcha doin'" I ask as i look at her suspiciously.

"Well, you know how i said about what happened with Edward, it just clicked, he has super strength, he's agile, hes cold..."

"He's what?" I ask holding my breath

"I dont know yet" She says snd i sillently let out the breath that i was holding

"So you were..?"

"Looking up the nearest book shop so that i can get a book that will, hopefully give me some answers"

She gathers her coat and shes out the door and i sigh and follow after her.

By the time lunch time rolls around, Bella is asking questions again

"They're not here" Jessica says from sunbathing on top of a picnic bench "Whenever the weather gets nice the cullens dissapear"

"So what, they just ditch?" Bella asks

"No, uhh Dr and Mrs Cullen yank them out for highking and fishing and all that, i tried that on my parents, not even close" Jessica says and i laugh, so thats what they have been telling people.

"Guys!" Angela runs over and i sit up straighter "I'm going to the prom with Erik, i just asked him and i took control!" She says, happily and i say congrats as she hugs Bella and then me.

"Are you sure that you have to go out of town when prom is?" She asks Bella and I

"Oh, yeah, It's..it's a family thing" Bella says, unconvincingly

"Ok, we should go shopping in port Angelis before all the good dresses get cleaned out"

"Port Angelis... mind if i come?" Bella asks and i look at her funny.

Why would she want to go?

And then it clicks, that must be where she needs to get this book from.

**********

My idea of fun was not sitting in a fitting room, watching the other two try on prom dresses.

I know it sounds selfish, but i really wanted to go to prom.

I know that i can't go though, the only person i would want to go with is... across the channel.

I sigh as i close my book and look out the window and i have to take a second look.

"What?" I say as i place the book, that i had been reading, on my chair and i pulled on my coat.

"Where are you going?" Jessica says as her and Angela walk out in yet another dress.

"I.. i thought i just saw someone"

"K" Bella says as she holds my wrist "Who?"

I look out the window again and i see him "Jacob" I say as i run out the shop and across the shopping center to just by the enterance of the woods

"Jacob! What are you doing here, i thought-"

He cuts me off by planting his lips on mine and im shocked, this is our first kiss.

We pull away after a moment and he keeps his arms around me as he speaks.

"I've got to be quick, i can already tell that the Cullens are on their way to get me off this side of the boarder, i'm on the blood suckers side, but i just wanted to ask you something...." He takes a big breath in "Would you want to go to prom with me?"

I stand there, shocked, and then questions start to errupt in my head.

"But you can't go to the prom with me, you're not allowed on this side"

"Yes, but i can take you onto my side with me..." He looks at me and i melt "So.. will you?"

"Yes, of cause!"

I hug him, tight, and then i hear the bell chime as the girls walk out of the shop, because of my wolfy inhanced hearing.

"I have to go...i'll see you soon" I smile and i kiss him on his cheek one more time before i detangle myself from his arms and i run back to the others.

"Wasn't that the guy that you told the others was 'sort of' your boyfriend?" Angela asks

"Didn't look like 'sot of' to me" Jessica says and i blush

"You saw that?" I say, shy

"I'm happy for you" Angela says and she hugs me and i look over her shoulder and i see Jake waving so i quickly wave back, knowing that he heard the whole conversation and he turns around and walks back into the woods.

"So where's Bella?" I ask and the two girls say that she had already gone down to the book shop.

I nod and i say that i will see them later, and i follow her scent down to the shop.

I walk closer and i immediately sense that something is wrong.

I quicken my pace and i hear people talking around the corner.

"There she is!"

"What's got you in such a rush?"

I step out from around the corner and i see that Bella is being cornered.

I see her back to me, but i also see that the guys are facing me as they begin to back her up.

I bare my sharp teeth at them and they begin to step backwards, away from Bella.

I can tell that my eyes are glowing now as well and i start to growl at them as they move, quicker, away from Bella and i.

Making sure that my back is facing Bella, and she can't see my face, I get in front of her and i move her back.

I then go forward again and i growl at the guys and they begin to fall into each other and run away.

I hear a car skid behind me, but i don't dare turn around, because of Bella seeing the state that i am in.

"Bella?!" I hear Edward shout "Get in the car!"

I feel her pressence walking towards me, slowly and i tense as i feel her place her hand on my shoulder.

"Edward" I say in a growl and he is quick to take her hand off me and put her in the car.

He then comes around and stands next to me, our backs to Bella, and he makes it look like we are just talking.

"Are you ok?" He whispers next to me

"I'll be fine" I say "I just need to calm down, get Bella out of here so that i can run"

He nods and i hear him open his door of the car and i hear Bella ask about me and why they are leaving me and then i hear the car drive away.

I rub my face and then i crouch down and turn into my wolf and i run.