11

"I think i should make sure that Bella gets something to eat" I hear Edward say to Jessica and Angela from a distance "Her sister said that she wanted me too"

I smile and i watch as Edward ushers Bella into the restaurant and i hear her asking questions

"Where is Kate? I can't believe that we just left her there! What if the guys come back and-"

"Bella, i'm sure that Kate is fine, and don't worry, she can handle herself" He says smiling, because he can hear my thoughts in the bush that i am hiding in, to make sure that Bella is safe.

Please don't tell her about what i am, i want to tell her myself

I say in my head and then i see Edward give a thumbs up behind Bella's back and i smile.

I wasn't gonna tell you this, but Bella brought a book tonight, a book about your kind, i think she knows... about me as well

I see Edward turn around and nod at me as he closes the restaurant door behind him and Bella and they walk in and take a seat.

I, still in my wolf form, exit the bush and begin to hunt and then run home.

**********
"Dad?" I call as i walk through the front door, but i get no response.

"Dad?" I call again as i walk further into the house, putting Bella's truck keys on the table by the door, walking into the kitchen.

"Dad?!" I begin to grow worried as i rush into the sitting room and i don't see him there.

I sniff the air, but i don't smell any unfamiliar scents.

I sigh as i look at the kitchen counter and i see a note.

'Girls, i've had to go back to work. If i'm not back when you come home then you can either make something to eat or order in- Dad'

At least he told me.

I scrunch the note up and i drop it in the trash as i walk into the other room and i sit on the couch.

I pull my legs up next to me as i grab the remote and i turn on the tv.

'Todays top news is that there is yet another animal attack-'

"What?!" I say as i look closer at the tv

'The police and sheriffs department have told us that there is no need to worry as they have not yet confirmed the type of animal responsible, and they're are not entirely sure that it was an animal at all. They have described the wounds that were found on the victims body resembled puncture marks around the neck and wrists-'

"Vampires" I say out loud as i turn the tv off and i grab my coat as i lock the door behind me and i begin to run to Dads work.

__________

"Bella, Dad!" I say as i walk up to them, both sitting near his desk, looking at a computer screen "I just heard what happened on the news.. Dad they said it was Waylon, i'm so sorry, i know that you two were close" I say as i rap my arms around my Dads waist as he stands up from his desk.

"It's ok, sweetie, you couldn't have done anything" Dad says as he sits back down again.

'You couldn't have done anything'

But what if i could have.

"I'm really sorry" Bella says as she puts an arm around his shoulders and he squeezes her hand.

"Don't worry, we're gonna... we're gonna find this thing" He says as he tries not to cry. "In the mean time i want you two to carry this with you" He says as he hands us both a can of pepper spray.