36

I watch as Bella's truck pulls in the drive.

She walks over to us all, standing outside the house.

"Hey-" She starts, but she gets cut of by his agonising screams and i turn my head away from her, slightly flinching at the feeling of the ghost of Jacobs pain, thanks to the mate bond.

I hold my arm as i go and sit down on the steps.

"Kate, are you ok, the baby-" Bella starts

"The baby and i are ok.. it's their Dad that i'm worried about" I say as i hold my right arm in my left.

Even feeling the slight pain that Jacob's feeling, i can barely move my arm, i can't imagine what he's feeling.

I look down as i feel tears begin to form in my eyes as i silently cry.

I feel a hand being placed on my shoulder and i look up to see Emily.

I move my head and i place it on her shoulder as she hugs me.

"It's been going on for a while" I hear one of the wolves say

"Doc's re braking his bones.." Another says to Bella and i shake my head, i can't believe he has to go through this.

Suddenly the door opens and i look up, expectantly.

I watch as Carlisle walks out of the house

"The worst is over" He says to me and i lean against Emily's arms, letting a breath of relief escape. "He'll be alright" He says and i relax, sighing "I gave him some morpheein, but his body temperature will burn it off soon" He says "I'll come back to set up a drip..." He looks at me "He's asking for you"

I nod and thank the doctor and i stand up, with the help of Emily and i walk into the house, seeing Jacob lying on his bed.

I go and sit next to him as i watch him with his white sling on his arm.

"Hey Jake" I say as i look at him

"Hey" He says and i look over his face and i loose it "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He says as he looks over at me.

"I..I thought you weren't- the pain-" I start saying but he cuts me off

"It's ok, i'm ok now" He says and i nod, smiling as i hold his left hand across my side of the bed "How's my little muffin?" He asks me and i laugh

"They're fine" I say as i smile, sadly "They really miss their Daddy's hugs though" I say and he smiles at me

"God, i can't wait to marry you" He says and i laugh even more

"Well, sadly, that's not how it works" I say and he looks at me, confused "You forgot?" I say and he raises an eyebrow at me from the bed "You haven't proposed yet" I say

"OH, yeah, well that's a minor detail that we're gonna need to change, isn't it?" He says and i nod, his hand on the side of my face.

"Yes, Yes it does need to change" I say.