12

I pull up to school the next morning in Bella's orange truck, i swear she needs to tell me when she is going to bail on taking me to school.

I close the door of the truck and i spot the guys standing in a circle across the other side of the parking lot.

"Hey, what are we looking at?" I say as i jog up to them.

"monte carlo.. that's our prom theme?!" Jess exclaims

"Gambling, tuxedoes and Bond, James Bond" She gets answered.

"Oh, hey, Kate!" Angela says as she hands me a flyer "Here"

"Oh, no.. i don't.. i'm not going" I say and i watch Erik, Jess and Angels stop what they are doing and look at me.

"Your not going to prom?" Angela says

"You have to! It's a celebration of completing high school!" Jess says as i role my eyes

"Well, i am going to a prom, but not this one" i say as i begin to blush.

"What do you mean?!" Jess says

"Relax, she's probably going to one back in Phoenix, i heard Bella saying that she was going back there when proms on" Erik says

I shake my head "No, i'm staying here, to give Mum and Bella some time alone to talk about stuff"

"Then where are you going to go to prom around here, the only other high school is the school in La Push..."

I smile as i nod

"Omg, you're going with Jacob over there?" Angela says smiling

"Omg, i'm so happy for you" Jess says as we laugh.

Suddenly, our conversation gets cut short as i hear a car rolling in.

"Prepare yourselves" I say to the girls and they look at me confused, until they see Bella getting out of Edwards car"

"OMG! When did this happen?" Jess asks me as she looks at them

"As far as i know, just yesterday" I say as i walk up to them as they continue walking inside.

"Everyone is staring" Bella says

"Not that guy" Edward says looking at someone in the distance and i look that way as well

"No, he just looked" I say coming up behind them and going in between them.

"Move aside, make room for Jesus" I say

"What about you and Jacob?" Bella says

"What about us?" I say

"You didn't have space for Jesus when you were making out last night"

"You saw that?!" I look at her and she raises an eyebrow at me "Point taken... Use protection you two!!" I shout as i walk away from them to my first class, smiling because i know that Edward can't get Bella pregnant anyway.

__________

The next day, Bella won't let me get away with what i said yesterday.

We stand, washing her orange van, as she questions me.

"What you said yesterday, i could tell you the same thing about you and Jacob" Bella says as i stand up from scrubbing the rims of her wheels.

I ring the sponge out on the ground, on the side of the car that i am washing.

"Oh yeah?" I say as i splash some water on to her 

"Hey!" She shouts as she does the same to me.

We both laugh and then the mood turns serious.

"Bella have you asked Edward about.. you know, being a Vampire?" I say as i begin to wash the side of the back of the truck.

"Yeah, i did, he told me that i was right... that's when we got together" She tells me.

I nod

"Are you not, i don't know, freaked out?" She asks me

I sigh "The truth is.. i've known since the moment we drove into Forks that there was vampires about" I say as i glance up at her from scrubbing.

"What do you mean, like you had a feeling like i did" She asks me

"No, i... i could smell them" I say honestly as she opens her mouth to ask me questions when Edward runs up and jumps on the roof of her truck that we are cleaning.

"Could you at least act human? I've got neighbours!" She says

"I wanna take you to my parents place" Edward says and i raise my eyebrows at the two.

Edward continues to talk to Bella as they move down the driveway, but i can't help but hear the whole conversation.

"What is it?!" Bella says as i make my way closer to them both

"Complication" Edward says and i tilt my head next to Bella "I'll pick you up tomorrow" Edward says to her and i cough "You as well, Kate, if you want to"

"No offence, but i haven't formed a detailed opinion about your family yet, and i don't want anything to happen to my sister in a room full of vampires" I say

"Point taken" He says as he walks to his car and drives off.

I smile as i walk inside to get a new cloth to wipe the car.

I watch as he drives out the drive and the blacks pull up in their car next to our orange truck.

I watch as Jacob opens the trunk of the car and gets out Billy's wheel chair, through the window.

I smile as i begin to walk threw the house to the door.

"Come to visit your truck?" Bella says to Jacob as i walk out the door

"Something like that" He says as i walk next to him and he puts his arm around my waist.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat screen, first game of the season" Billy says as he looks at Jacob and i and i blush "And i seem to realise why Jacob wanted to come here so much, he seems to have found himself a girlfriend"

"Any luck on that Waylon case?" Billy asks as Dad wheels him, carrying beers into the house.

"Well, i don't think it was an animal that killed him" Dad says "Will you spread the word about no one going into the woods?" Dad asks Billy

"Of cause, don't want anyone else getting hurt" He says and i swear he looks at Bella.