24

"Are you sure that this one isn't ok?" I ask walking out of the fitting rooms in the tenth dress i tried on.

"We don't want just 'ok' " Leah says to me again as she roles her eyes at me turning around and sighing, walking back into the fitting room.

I walk out of the room, and i walk in front of the mirror.

I smooth down the next dress and i smile at myself.

"I think this is the one" Leah says from behind me and i nod, speechless.

__________

Pulling up at the pack house, i jump out of the car and i find Jacob waiting for me.

"Hey" I say as i run up to him and he places his arm around my waist.

"Did you get a good dress?" Jacob says

I act shocked and i place my hand on my heart "When would i not?"

I ask and he smiles at me as we walk into the barn.

We walk through the door and my phone begins to ring.

I look at the caller ID and i answer

"Bella?" I ask

"Kate, how are you doing?" She asks me

"I'm doing good, but i should be asking you, everything considered" I say as i walk further into the house and i sit on the living room couch.

"I'm doing ok..." She says and it's almost as if she knows the lifted-eyebrow expression that i have on my face when she says "No really, i think i'm doing ok" She says and i nod even though she can't see me and i smile a little

"Good, i'm glad that you are doing ok. How's Mum?"

"She doing good, she keeps asking me about Edward though and i find it really awkward-"

"Because he can hear it all" We say at the same time and we end up laughing, lightly.

"Are you liking the sun over in Phoenix?" I ask her

"Yeah, it's great to be back"

"Good, i'm glad that you are ok. I got my prom dress today, by the way.. thought that you might want to know"

"Oh really, what colour is it?" She asks me, intrigued

"It's Red, i really like it" I say

"Oh red always looked so good on you with your blond hair" Bella says and i hear a commotion on the other side of the phone before Mums voice comes on.

"Kate, you're going to prom and not showing me your dress?" Mum says and i role my eyes as Jacob comes and sits next to me on the couch.

"I'll send you a picture" I say

"You'd better, i can't believe i'm not going to be with you when you go to prom" Mum says

"Mum it's not a big deal, it's just a dance" I say as i role my eyes again on the other side of the phone

"JUST A DANCE?! You have been talking about this since you were 10, saying that you wanted to be the princess" Mum says and i look down, embarrassed that Jacob is listening to all of this with his wolf hearing.

"Mum, that was when i was 10, i honestly don't care about being prom Queen anymore, i just want the prom to be fun, that's all"

"Whatever you want, sweetheart, i just want you to be happy, you deserve it." She says

"I love you Mum, but i've got to go, bye" I say as she says bye to me as well and i take the phone down from the side of my face and i put the call to an end.

I look at Jacob

"Don't say anything" I say at the smirk on his face and i stand up and walk off into the kitchen. "Besides, you've got to go, prom is tomorrow."