20

"Bella?" I say as she pulls up in the Cullen's car and all the pack come outside and watch.

Bella runs over to me and she hugs me.

"One of the vampires was a tracker... he smelt me, he's going to come after me" She says and i gasp, hugging her tighter.

"Bella! Omg!" I say as she pulls away from me

"I've got to go with the Cullen's for a while" she says as she walks back over to their car

"Bella, what did you tell Dad?" I ask as she looks at me, one last time.

"I told him i had to go, i had to go and live back with Mum" She says as she drives off

'Please, protect her at all costs' I think in my head, praying that Edward heard me.

I turn to Jake when they have disappeared out of sight.

"I..I have to go and see Dad" I say as i run into the forest.

"Wait, Kate!" Jacob says but i ignore him.

__________

When i arrive back at the house i walk in and i find Dad sitting on the couch, head in hands.

"Dad?" I say as i run up and sit next to him, hugging him. "Dad, i promise you, i will never leave you, Bella just needs some time to cool off, she got into a fight with some of her classmates last night" I say as Dad and i pull apart.

"First your Mother walks out on me and then this" He says and my heart sinks, i was meant to be moving in with the pack, ready to be part of it, but i have to put my family first... i have to.

__________

I watch as i walk out of the living room, leaving Dad to sleep on the couch and i sit on the door step outside.

I feel an arm go around my shoulders, but i don't bother to look, because i can smell that it's Jake.

"How could she do this to him?" I ask him, not really expecting an answer. "Yes, i know that she needed to be away from him, to protect him, but how could she just run out on him like that?" I say as i place my head on Jacobs shoulder.

"She just wanted to protect everyone, even if it meant leaving like that" Jacob reassures me.

"I hope she knows what she is doing"