24

Brenda and Frypan we're already rushing out of the building onto the open ground. It would have been dangerous if this was any of WCKD's minions again, but he didn't stop them because even he could see the flash of recognition across their faces.

"Thomas don't worry, I'm coming to you." He heard her say as they followed them out where the wind was picking up and he noticed the thing at last. It was a lot bigger that a helicopter and lot wider than a plane.

"Our ride's here!" Brenda shouted over the roar of the aircraft. It was landing, it's white light shining over the group of people crowding at the entrance of the building.

"What the hell is that?" Lydia finnally seemed to ask the question that was still stuck in the throat of many.

"That's a Berg!" Frypan answered smiling so widely that it might hurt.

He felt grateful to the dude who was atleast trying to explain things rather than seeming to bite their heads off like the Amazon warrior looking girl.

"Just look for us near the tunnels." She told Thomas. The Berg landed on the ground and Brenda and Frypan we're running to them followed by everyone else.

"Let's go guys. Move! Our ride's here." Frypan encouraged the others as they approached the vehicle. The Berg touched the ground sending up dust and sand and a huge cargo door in its metal belly began to open.

"Vince?" Frypan questioned at the sight of a blond man who stepped out towards them from the Berg. He totally reminded Stiles of Thor.

"Hey it's good to see you too." The Vince guy replied looking over at them.

"Yeah I know." Another middle aged man joined the blond grinning at Brenda. "I picked up a stray." He pointed at the other. Then his questioning gaze fell upon the group of 5 who totally didn't looked like they belonged with the rest of young teenagers. He silently thanked god that they had got rid of the uniform. The guy did looked scary and probably would have shot them at sight.

"Well, we seemed to pick up a few too." Brenda glanced at the group of the kinda-still-strangers.

Maybe she did seemed to trust us a bit. Whatever the guy saw on her face made him stop giving us the stink eye. "Let's get out of here alright?"

"Thomas is still inside." Brenda blurted out hurriedly with a determined face.

"Well, let's go get him then." Vince gave her a smile extending the girl a hand which she took smugly.

"Hell yeah."

"Alright let's go. On board everybody." The two men rushed the kids inside.

His brother was beyond that wall so was his friends. If these people are going in their so is he and he couldn't give two shit about their hostility. He followed them in.

                                 ~

Tired. He was just so tired. They had got away from the tunnels near which now all the guards would be trying to take out all the armed people at the verge of crazy. They had gotten far away  from the hell breaking out and now they were going right back in. Brenda had asked him to meet them at the tunnels. And they had to hurry.

Newt seemed to get worse with each second. He didn't knew why it was happening so fast. Minho seemed just as tired as him, dragging Newt along with them, if not more. He hadn't really gotten time to ask what they had done to him during the variables, but he could almost guess.

Memories of the maze flashed inside his mind as he remembered how he used to run in the maze with Minho. But now there was Gally leading them back to the tunnels, Newt almost looking dead on his feet with Minho and him dragging him along with them as they were surrounded by a total nightmare.

"Alright. Newt, we're almost there." He said between his deep breaths, trying to make the boy hold on for a little more time. But he knew they were nowhere near the tunnels. His ears were ringing from the gun firing and explosives bit he still heard his weak reply.

"Just leave me."

That just made him tighten his grip around him as they moved along. The alley opened into an empty ground and he almost exhaled in relief.

Well when was he ever that lucky? A car flew across them toppling ending in flames as it crashed.

"Back! Back!" Gally stopped them from moving forward by throwing a hand in front of them, as firing started echoing through the opening with more people and guards entering the scene.

The four of them falling to the ground to be away from sight. He made Newt lean against the concrete as he crouched down next to him.

The sudden recognisable sound of a Berg made the 4 gaze up at the sky. They watched the Berg anxiously as it moved past them clearly towards the entrance of the tunnels.

"Okay, that's them." He hurriedly turned towards the others as Minho agreed with a 'yeah'. "It's them we gotta go." He told them his gaze at last falling on the still laying boy. He repeated more softly to him. "We gotta go."

"Go without me, man." He croaked out, his voice coming out rough and low.

***

I'm sorry I took a long time to update. I had a lot of exams and classes. Again I'm sorry.

Here's another chapter.

I hope you enjoy reading it.

I will try to update once a week. Maybe twice. I don't know.

I hope you guys find this story okay. Thanks for reading. Please leave vote and comments 😁☺️.

And Happy New year 🎈💖.