28

I updated soon. YEAHHH!! Like i promised.

And I'll try my best in the future. So here you go.

***

The voice ceased. He felt like he was going to have a panic attack and the thought made the same piece of memory rising up again. The shuffling of feet behind made him turn around startled. The blond was standing with his back to him and for a moment he was stuck between relief and panic.

"Newt?" he whispered warily.

Newt turned around slowly, his face pale and sticky with sweat and black goo smeared down his chin. What made his feet stuck on the ground was what he saw in the eye's of his friend. Lunacy. There was no recognition there. Newt eyed him like an animal who depended solely on instincts. And then he charged at Thomas.

His brain kicked start abruptly making him dodge out of the way and Newt landed on the ground. Thomas shuffled backward as he got back on his  feet, the next moment screaming in anger.

"Newt? NEWT?" he shouted, hands coming up defensively. "Newt, it's me. IT'S ME." He yelled in desperation.

There was no sign of Thomas or his friends. His ADHD was making him jittery and Liam patted his back awkwardly trying to calm him down as Brenda eyed him annoyed. The gaiter mask was making him suffocated, he just wanted to rip the thing away and yell at anyone who questions him. Just as he was fighting off his urge 2 guys ran over to them breathlessly, stopping a few feet away.

His first instinct was to fight but then he recognized one of them, Gally, he guessed the other one must be the friend they were looking for. But he didn't see Thomas or the guy he met in the building following them and that sent him into panic again.

"Brenda!" The Asian looking guy yelled in their direction. "Where's the serum?"

He was already moving forward as he noticed Brenda take off in a sprint past the new arrivals. He heard Derek calling his name but couldn't care. He was just behind the Gally guy when Derek reached him. Derek didn't try to stop him but just overtook him and reached near Brenda.

Soon they reached the middle of a road where havoc continued around them. He ducked behind a ruined car with Gally and Minho as bullet flew past their head. Bullets used to be least of his concerns regarding he dealt with supernatural but at that moment it was too scary.

Brenda and Derek didn't stop with them. He watched them go through a rain of bullets and just as he wondered how neither of them got shot, Derek pulled her by her forearm saving her from a bullet which then implanted into Derek's shoulder.

The Asian dude screamed for Brenda as he finally got rid of the suffocating mask. He was done okay? Derek just winced as Brenda wide eyed him and they continued.

"Didn't he just got shot?" Gally wondered aloud breathless.

"Don't worry, he'll heal." Stiles promised, smirking a little, and the two jumped startled. Maybe they didn't notice him following or forgot about him. The startled look on both their faces turned into absolute shock and confusion the moment their eyes landed on him.

"I thought they were done playing games with my mind!" Minho muttered frowning. "First Gally? Now..... this?" he checked him from head to toe.

"Hi" Stiles gave them an awkward smile in greeting. "Not the best circumstances for introduction. So maybe we should continue this elsewhere?" he asked as he stood up glancing around cautiously. When the two in front of him didn't even blink he nodded in the direction Derek left. "We better leave now."