18

She opened the door and they rushed in. The look of confusion on her face proved that his spell was wearing off. There weren't any guards in sight. So he pointed the Launcher at her. "Move! Now."

Lydia receiving the death signals had turned him now more panicked and they hurried forward. "Open it". He ordered when they reached the doors to the holdings.

She obeyed him. The doors slid open and the first sight they caught was of the many guards lying unconscious or worse dead on the floor.

Then they saw  the kids standing across the room looking scared and a guy in WCKD uniform holding the gun at the doctor. He looked like a normal teenager which made him wonder if he was a WCKD soldier. And from the saw blade that lay beside him and the half broken looking lock, he clearly was trying to break it open.

Derek acted quickly. He pulled off his helmet and raised his hands in surrender. "Hey! Calm down. We're on the good side here."

"Who the hell are you?" The guy demanded.

Derek looked at Stiles but he was still wearing the helmet so he couldn't see his expression.

"We're looking for Minho." He said.

The guy tightened his grip on the gun.
"Hey! We are trying to save him." Derek added.

"Look now is not the best time for introductions." Stiles gestured to the room. "Can we do this later? Just know we're here against WCKD. We've heard about the Right Arm rescuing the kids and now some of them were here. We're trying to help."

The guy still looked unconvinced. Well who could blame him. Two random guys dressed as their enemies show up out of nowhere saying to trust them. Yeah that's not weird or creepy at all.

The guy gave the gun to one of the kids mumbling something to them. He shot them a look that threatened 'If you even try to make a move'.  Then he went back to cutting the metal lock with saw blades.

Derek locked the doctor up in a cell. Well what could they do with her now? If this gang of teenagers that WCKD is looking for so eagerly break into their own den, how the hell do they not find out. An army of soldiers might be searching the whole building this moment. Handling the doctor was just another burden.

He took of his helmet, it's hot as hell inside this thing. He sighed and looked around. Some of the kids looking at him turned confused. They looked between him and the guy puzzled.

So they must have seen him. The guy should be one of them who was with him. He do was happy that there was now a greater chance he can find him , but he didn't had time to explain everything. So he covered his lower face with the scarf around his neck.
Derek handled the guards and got them locked up in the cells too.

"Where is Thomas?" He couldn't hold the question in any longer.

The guy stopped his work and looked at him. "What do you know about him? He asked warily.

"We need to see him. Do you-" he was cut off by the voice through his walkie.

"Stiles! We found the place but it needs a fingerprint and I think specifically her fingerprint. Are you gonna get here?"

"Liam. Come down here." Stiles ordered. "Lydia and I are coming up there."

"Copy!"

He looked at Lydia and then Derek. "We need to go." He told him. "You take these kids wherever he's taking them. We'll follow you don't worry."
He said taking the gun and yanking back the helmet on.

"Stiles? Come back in one piece." Derek told him.

To which he answered with a smile "Can do!"

They were running, which didn't seem out of place since most of the guards were also hurrying alongside them.

When they reached the level Liam opened the door from the other side.

"Liam, get to Derek fast. Either you get Derek to open those doors for you or break them open. Just move fast." He hurriedly told him and continued to run.

Neither of them had super smelling or hearing abilities, so he asked Malia to get to them through the walkie.

Malia found them quickly and they hurried on to the chancellor's room.

Suddenly fire alarms started ringing through the corridors. He checked there was no one around before opening a portal. People were rushing through the hallways as Stiles got to work, getting into Ava Paige's computer system.

He didn't bother checking for cameras, well that was least of his concerns now.

"Stiles hurry up!" Lydia exclaimed. She was now back to being visible, because we'll he couldn't concentrate enough right now. "What do you think caused the fire alarms to go off?"

"I have no idea." He answered. "This is gonna take some time loading. When it's done get everything you can into the flash drive." Stiles passed the pendrive to her.

"Where are you going?" She asked panicked.

"I need to check that out. I want to know if he's here."

"I'm coming with you" Malia started to move but Stiles stopped her.

"No. Stay with her. You know what to do with that gun. I'm coming back soon." Stiles pushed the helmet back on.

Derek had all the guards tied up in the cells, by the time fire alarms went off. The guy whose name he learnt was Gally was still working on the vault. That's when Derek heard the footsteps approaching and the door and it slid open, 3 soldiers rushing in with weapons.

Derek had already taken the gun in his hands. Gally's weapon was still with one of the kids and he stood there frozen without moving as on of the guns were pointed at the group of teenagers.

"Drop your weapons." He ordered "Now."

Derek shared a look with Gally and he  pointed the gun away from the guards and bent down ever so slowly to keep it down, while he smirked.

He could already hear Liam's heartbeat. The door blasted open and Liam ran hard at one of the guards, pinning him down. And in an inhumanly fast moment Derek had the other two shot.

Liam pulled of the helmet. "It gets hella sweaty in this thing." He exclaimed and Derek smiled.

"How you doing?" Derek asked looking at Gally.

"Almost done."

***

I don't think the movie says what Launchers are. If you have read the book you know what that is. It is the name of the gun which shoots grenades. Like electricity. I think it's in the movie.

I don't know what else to write here.

Please vote if you appreciate my work. This book means a lot to me and I really wish you guys would like it. And by voting I too can know that you guys are enjoying this.

Please let me know what you think.

I am really grateful to all those who are reading this.

Thank you and love you 💕❤️❤️