14

He had punched Gally in the face and pinned him down. He raised his fist again but Newt stopped him. "STOP".

"He killed Chuck." He stated, the pain he has been suppressing rising back.

"Yeah. I know. I remember. I was there too, alright?" Newt said. "I also remember that he was stung and half
out of his mind." Newt squeezed his hands. "Just calm down, alright?"

He cooled down for the second but knocked Newt's hand aside and got up. Gally followed inspecting his jaw. "Kind of had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?" He asked.

"You know this guy?" Jorge asked.

Frypan hesitated for a second before saying. "He was an old friend."

Gally opened the steel door and they stepped onto something like totally another world. Men and women dressed in casual and formal dresses hurrying to wherever they need to be. None of them gave a second glance at the 3 teenagers. Gally led them through the city.

"This is a long way from the Glade." Newt stated.

"Yeah, we better get off the streets. I know it's hard but act like you've seen it before." Gally instructed and walked away expecting them to follow. They avoided the patrolling police cars and got to the walls.

Gally led them to some kind of opening on the storey, pulling out a telescope from the corner.

"There it is. If WCKD's got Minho, that's where they are keeping him." He fixed the telescope. "Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years. Place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere, scanner on every floor."

"Sounds like a bloody fortress." Newt exclaimed.

"Yeah, thought you said you had a way in?" asked Thomas.

"I might". Gally uttered.

"You might? What the hell you mean you might?"

Gally stepped away from the telescope. "Take a look."

Thomas stepped in to see. He was taken back to see Teresa again.

"I said I had a way in." Gally spoke, Thomas turning to look at him. "But I didn't say you were gonna like it."

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas shook his head.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She's our only way in". Gally insisted.

"You really think she's gonna help us?"

"I don't plan on asking for her permission."

"Am I missing something here?" Interrupted Brenda. "This is the same girl who betrayed us correct? Same dick?"

"I like her." Gally stated pointing at the girl.

"What's going on?" Brenda asked concerned at Thomas.

"What are you afraid your little girlfriend is gonna get hurt?" Newt asked glaring at him. "Hmm? Because this had obviously never been just about rescuing Minho, has it?"

Thomas turned confused. He had liked her, that's true. But not anymore. Newt should know that. He did felt hurt even at the thought of her. He hadn't wanted to do anything with her because she had betrayed him. He had saved her and she betrayed him. He had felt like it was his fault they were ever attacked when with Right Arm.

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Teresa." Newt spoke firmly. "She is the only reason that Minho is missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back and what? you don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it."

"Newt, I..." He started to reason with him.

"DON'T LIE TO ME". He shouted. "DON'T. LIE. TO ME". Almost immediately his gaze turned confused. "Sorry". He mumbled to Thomas. He looked away in panic. "I'm sorry". He mumbled again and walked out of the room.

He followed Newt out. Newt looked up at from where he was sitting. "I'm sorry about that. Back there... I guess I can't hide this anymore." He pulled up the sleeve of his jacket revealing the black veins arising on his forearm.

Thomas crouched down next to him. After he was sure he could talk again he asked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Didn't think it would make any difference." Newt answered. "All I know is that WCKD must have put me in the maze for a reason. Maybe it was literally just so they could tell the difference between Immunes like you and people like me."

"You know we can still fix this Newt". He said hopefully. "Okay? We can".

"Don't worry about me." Newt shook his head. "This is about Minho. Now he needs us. So if there is even a slightest chance that we can save him, we can get him out of there? We have to take that. No matter what the cost."

He could never convince himself that this was not about Newt. After he had lost Chuck he had wanted to save all his friends, but then Minho was taken. He had promised himself he would get Minho back. But he could not in ever loose Newt. He would fix this. If there was anything he could do he would do it. He won't give up Newt.

Instead of arguing he just nodded and assured him. "Okay. I hear you".

***

Back to Thomas's point of view.

I hadn't wanted to rewrite the whole scene but then I wanted to express his feelings about the situation.

Hope you didn't got bored reading the whole thing.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Please Vote if you liked this.

👋👋

Bye!!

.
.
.