6

"There , that's it." He pointed at the point on map. "It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed."
He said firmly gazing at the faces across the room. "We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week.

"A week?" Vince asked narrowing his eyes. "It took us six months to get here. We've got over a hundred kids here now. We can't just hangout here forever. After what we just pulled, you want to wander off into some random point on the map?" He sneered. "You don't even know what's there."

"I do." Jorge cut in. Everyone's head turned towards the man leaning against the door frame. He slowly approached the table. "It's been a few years but I've been there. The last city. That's what WCKD call it. It was their whole  base of operation. If that place is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, hermano. That's the lion's den."

"It's nothing we haven't done before." Thomas reasoned.

"Yeah with months of planning. Reliable information. The element of surprise none of which we have now." Vince interrupted.

"Vince! I've thought through this-"

"Hey, the last time we went off half cocked, I lost everything." He almost shouted. "You remember that?" He then looked at Thomas sympathetic. "Look I know it's Minho, alright? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for one man. I won't do it."

He zipped up his bag and turned back to look at their safe hay for a last time.

"Where do you think you are going then?" He could recognise that voice with the heavy accent anywhere. The sudden voice in the quiet night made him stop on his feet. Newt turned on a lamp.

"Newt!" He sighed in defeat.

"Don't be a twat about it." Newt said, grabbing his bag from his hands. "I'm already in. Come on".

"No." He disagreed. "No. Not this time." He couldn't risk losing Newt. Though he didn't say it out loud. Closing the door of the wrecked looking jeep, Newt turned to look at him with his eyebrows raised, but he didn't stop. "Look. Even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we can make it back from this."

Newt responded with a nod. "Well then you need all help you can get then , won't you?" He asked, turning to pull open the door of the driver's seat, revealing Frypan, then leaned back against the car with a smug look.

Thomas exhaled with a chuckle and shook his head.

"Well we started this together." Newt stated. "May as well end it that way too."

"Okay". He nodded slowly. "Let's go get him back." Thomas uttered.

***

I like this scene so much so I decided to write the whole thing.

Stay tuned for more.

I hope this was good.