23

Important note at the end.

***

The ones in the dressed in the guard's uniforms had slipped off the jackets and helmet. The kids were huddled in one corner and the rest were sat across the room lit by some torches.

"We need to do something." Stiles pressed on, continuing his pacing across the room.

"We are not going in there. We don't know where they are. All we could bring is more trouble wandering through the city totally clueless." Brenda shot back annoyed. Stiles groaned in frustration. He couldn't calm his nerves and his ADHD was not helping at all.

"It's getting louder." Malia mumbled, her eyes focusing on nowhere.

"What is getting louder?" Frypan asked her.

"Whatever these people are doing in there." Liam answer.

"Stiles. Would you just calm down?" Derek asked holding him by his wrist as he stepped closer to him.

"Calm down? How can I possibly calm down! We have achieved nothing. Nothing Derek. I've only brought more trouble onto us. Scott, Kira, Issac. They are still in there and there's nothing I can do. This seems like the best moment for me to calm down?"

"Yes. I think this is the best moment to calm down." Derek spoke cutting him off. "If you need to help then relax. We're gonna need it." He said with his usual scowl back in his face.

He looked around the room at others before releasing a deep breath.

"How did you guys get in the city?" Brenda asked startling all of them and they shared a awkward glance.

"Uh.......well. we had a little trick of ours." Liam started when no other opened their mouth.

"Oh yeah? And what is this trick of yours? What could you guys possibly come up with that Lawrence and his men couldn't think of?" Brenda questioned sitting up.

"We told you, we'll explain everything." Lydia said bitterly. She hasn't spoken for a long time. Being the harbinger of death is not a pleasant job. Stiles and Derek settled down on chairs with a sigh.

"That's what you say every time." She said. "All we could know is that  you could be working for WCKD."

"We do not work for WCKD." Derek said sternly that even he was sure no one can question the sincerity in it. Out of the corner of his eyes he even saw Frypan flinch.  "Maybe  you don't have any reason to trust us because we haven't given you any. But we will answer any of your questions honestly once we are with Thomas. We will. I promise."

When he finished talking he looked at Stiles. They knew they had to expose the supernatural world to them, 'cause there's no other way to explain all the crazy stuff.

Before Stiles could say anything to Derek a voice through Brenda's walkie filled the silent room.

"Brenda, are you there?" She quickly grabbed it off the table and hurried away from the group.

"Thomas, I'm here."

Stiles couldn't really make out what Thomas was saying. There was too much noise of guns firing in the background.

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

He gave a puzzled look at Derek. "They are not gonna make it." Derek answered the unspoken question, frowning.

He dui had to hear the other part of conversation to guess what his brother was saying. He would be asking her to take others to safety.

He knew that. If Thomas is still the brother he knew from 3 years ago, if surviving this god forsaken hellhole hasn't turned him crazy, he knew that's exactly what he was saying.

He so badly wanted to snatch that thing from her hands and talk some sense into his twin. But he has no idea what would say. From his conversation with that doctor and  one of the kids he had already learned that they remember nothing of where they come from or their family. And he is now convinced there is not even a bit of chance his brother is going to recognise him. They may have the same face but.. that was it, right.....?

He heard Brenda arguing calmly yet firmly over the walkie. She reminded him of Lydia. A sudden movement on his right palm caught his attention, and that's when he noticed Derek's hand in his and was squeezing it like his life depended on it and now Derek was squeezing it back in a reassuring way.

He would have choked in surprise if this happened anytime else. Derek was never the comforting type. Well with others in the pack he was and he did a really good job in it. But never with Stiles.

Before he could lift his head to look at him, he felt Derek tense up under his hand. And so did the other weres. He snapped his eyes towards Derek, who was standing up in confusion.

Derek and the others seemed to look up around as if trying to find the origin of some sound.

"What is it?" He whispered to Derek, who returned a face just as confused.

"Is that a helicopter or something?" Liam asked focusing hard.

"Or something." was what Derek answered him with. Frypan seemed puzzled by the sudden tension that lay upon the strangers.

"..-so forget it." He heard Brenda baat who was still unaware of the scene.

That's when he heard it too. It could have been a helicopter but if you really listened you could tell it was not. It could have been something more massive.

***

The idea of Berg in the movie is different from the book. In the movie it doesn't appear to be a lot big but in the book it explains it very well. I am going with the book for the idea of Berg because I picture it as really big with a larger area inside the aircraft. It's even supposed to be divided into rooms.

I can't really explain it as it does in the book, but I hope you get the idea.

That's another chapter.

Hope you enjoyed it. I just realised I was more into writing just the dialogues but I thought I should probably write more than just that.

That seemed to make the chapter longer.

Anyway thank you for reading.

Share your thoughts and vote please.