5

"Hey Brenda!" He almost shouted into the walkie. "You've got company."

He watched as the Berg opened fire at the truck, fortunately missing it by inches. His heart hammered loudly in his chest. The truck avoided getting blown up and was already moving away from the train.

"Thomas! You're on your own. Don't die." She warned, which on hearing his lips almost twitched in a smile.

"Good luck" he called back, stuffing the thing back. "We gotta move. Come on" he informed Vince and they continued ascending the railing.

The wind roared through his ears as he moved as fast as he could across the roof of the carriages.

He could see the black uniformed WCKD soldiers already coming closer.
As Vince got to his work, he raised the handgun held firmly in his hands, shooting at the sight of the soldiers.

"Vince?" He called, risking a glance back at his companion and turned to see the still advancing guards.

"We're set! Cover your ass!" shouted Vince.

They got the door of the carriage open and he rushed in.

"Aris! Hey you guys okay?" He asked the beaten up looking boy and Sonya who answered on quick nods.

He looked back up at the others, some looking scared, some confused.

As he walked down the aisle he reassured some that they were safe but his eyes still searched for a certain teenager. His gaze smoothed past the unfamiliar faces, finally coming to an end.

He turned back to look at his friend, the panic in Newt's eyes reflecting in his own. "He's not here".

"All I know is they kept talking about a city." Aris said disoriented. The others sharing the same look.

"I didn't think there were any cities left." Harriet responded confused of her friend's words.

"I don't think there are any. Not still that's standing anyway." replied Brenda.

"Okay. Wait, what about Minho? Why wasn't he on the train?" Thomas asked at last, the question he was dying to let out.

Aris and Sonya shared a look before Aris replied. "I'm sorry Thomas.
He was."

***

I didn't wanted to write down the whole movie, so it's just bits and pieces.

Things are not happening at the same time. (like for Stiles and Thomas).

I'm not going to give the time gap because it would makes things more confusing.

Please vote if you liked this.

Thanks for reading!!❤️