17

OMG! THIS BOOK GOT MORE THAN 1K VIEWS. I CAN'T BELIVE IT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

***

"Throw me the walkie." Thomas asked and caught the thing from Gally. He continued descending the stairs, the gun still raised.

"Frypan we're in. How you doing?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm getting there". Frypan answered. "Tell Minho Hi for me."

"Hang in there buddy." Thomas told him.

"This'll work." Gally assured checking the wires.

"Brenda, what's your status?" Thomas asked into the walkie.

"Status is, I'm working on it." She replied.

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end."

" Don't worry. You know I'm gonna be there."

The three fired away the moment the door slid open. It continued till every single one of them was on the floor.

"Come on let's go." Newt and Thomas released the kids in holding.

"The vault. How do I get in?" Gally asked pointing the gun at the guard.

"You can't." The guard breathed out.

"Guys this might take some time." Gally informed them, refering to the vault.

"Shit." Thomas looked through the cells. "He's not here." He states. "Where is he?" He asked Teresa firmly.

Teresa checked the computers as Gally worked on breaking the vault open. "Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing." She said. "Thomas, that's on the other side of the building."

"Okay take me to him right now." He ordered.

"All right. I'm coming with you." Newt told getting the Launcher.

"Not, no you're not." He disagreed. "You have to stay here. Wait with gally for the serum."

"You can't do this on your own." Newt insisted. "Minho comes first, remember?"

He would be happy to have him with him. But he was not sure the moment was right, but then again he knew there was no point in arguing with Newt.

Thomas looked at Gally. "Just go" he told them. "We're wasting time. I'll get the serum. We'll meet you out back."

"Okay fine let's go. Come on" Thomas hurried Teresa before them.

"Hey Greenie? Gally called. "Good luck.." and then he got back on doing his part.

"Thomas, you have to listen to me." Teresa insisted. "Getting that serum won't save newt. It might buy him some time, but..."

He knew that. But he wasn't going back on trusting her. And he sure didn't trust WCKD even a little bit.

"Just ignore her" Newt cut her off as they hurried through the corridors. "She's trying to get inside your head."

"Thomas, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying. The world is dying. There's something about your blood that I don't understand."

"Open it." Thomas ordered when they reached the doors to the authorised section. She obeyed him.

"If you let me run some tests..I promise I can protect you."

"Yeah?" Thomas yanked the helmet off his head angrily. "Like you protected Minho?"

"What are you doing?" Newt hissed at him.

"How many people is it gonna take?" He shrugged off Newt's hand. He had to let it out. The anger he was holding in for so long. What what she did to Minho. What WCKD had pull all of them through. That he could do nothing to save Newt. "How many more people do they have to round up, torture, kill?" He spat. "Huh? When the hell does it stop?"

"It stops when we find a cure." Teresa shot back.

"There is no goddamn cure!"

"Don't waste your breath Teresa." They turned at the voice of Janson. He rounded the corner holding up his gun. They raised their own weapon at him. "He made his choice long ago."

"Drop it, kid!" Other soldiers came in armed.

Thomas pulled at Teresa, getting her in his hold and pointed the gun at her.
"Back up. Tell them to back off." The guards stopped.

"Thomas, come on. It's me." Janson smirked. "I've known you longer than you can remember. You're not gonna shoot her."

"You don't think so?" He asked pressing the gun harder against her neck.

"Okay. Go on then." Janson lowered his gun. "Shoot her." He challenged. "Prove me wrong. Shoot her."

Teresa gulped and glanced at the emergency fire alarm. She turned around and pushed Thomas with all she could and pulled the alarm. The doors closed shut between them.

"Clear! Clear!" Janson shouted at the guards, shooting non stop at the glass door, but it didn't break. The alarm blared as Janson banged against the door. "You're story better be good."

"I just did you a favor." She uttered ."Doors are sealed. They can't get out." She said and started to walk away but stopped. "Janson, i need them alive."

***

It's kinda short. Sorry.

The two worlds are gonna encounter each other in the next chapter. Hope you guys are excited for it.

I don't know how many more chapters are gonna be there. But I think it's getting over soon.

Or maybe not?

I really don't know.

Thank you for reading and please vote if you liked it!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️