4. Stars

You looked up at the gummi ship in front of you with awe.  It certainly looked like a something that would fly between worlds; large and aerodynamic.  The ramp that led inside went up to a height that was taller than two of you standing one on top of the other.  The door at the end of the ramp led to what looked like a common seating area, though it was hard to tell from the ground.  You could make out a couple of chairs and the overhead lights.

                “Do ya like her?” Cid grinned at you as he stepped beside you.

                You nodded, “I’ve never ridden in one before.”

                “A first-timer?” he asked rhetorically. “Ah, I think you’ll like it.”

                “Hm,” you glanced at him with a smile before returning your eyes to the ship. “So you’ll be driving?”

                Cid nodded with a smirk and crossed his arms, “Yeah.”  

                “Are Donald and Goofy meeting us here, too?” you asked, glancing around for the duck and dog.

                “No, they’ll be flying themselves.  That way, if we need to split up after Wonderland we can.”

                “Hey, [Name],” Yuffie walked up to the two of you.  “What’s up, Cid?”

                “Just waiting for everyone to load up before we can take off,” he told her, giving her an accusing look.

                “Alright, alright,” Yuffie grinned sheepishly and held up her hands, palms out, in surrender, “I’ll go get my bags!”

                You lifted your duffel bag from the ground to put the strap on your shoulder.  Tifa had given you one that she said she hadn’t been using.  “I guess I’ll go load up,” you told Cid with a smile before walking onto the ramp.  The room you walked into was full of comfortable looking chairs in a row forming a semicircle facing the front of the ship, where there were three seats in front of the controls.  To the right was an open doorway that led to a small, simple kitchen.  In front of you were narrow looking stairs which you assumed led to the cabins upstairs, so you followed them up.  They came out onto a long hallway with doors lining either side at regular intervals.  Most were open, people inside settling themselves into the small rooms.  You walked back until you found a closed door.  Maybe I should knock to make sure there isn’t anyone inside.  You were about to lift your hand to knock when a voice turned you around.

                “I’d pick the one across the hall if I was you,” Leon said, smirking at you.

                Your eyebrows rose, “Why?”

                “Yuffie was messing around with her shurikens and ripped apart the cot in that one.”

                “Oh,” your eyes widened, imagining the room torn apart by a certain short, dark-haired girl.

                Leon chuckled lightly before returning to his room.  You stepped across the hall like he suggested and opened the door to find the room empty except for a cot.  The walls and floor were white and the sheets on the bed were a plain blue with a matching pillow.  You set your duffel bag on top of it and wondered what you were supposed to do now.  The rooms weren’t big enough for dressers.  You leaned back against the opposite wall and you elbow hit something that moved, making a clicking noise.  You stepped away from the wall and watched a drawer slide out.