Our song

What you wearing

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicolas  sparks

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicolas sparks. Tell me everything about this trev." Veronica demanded as we walked along the bleachers, towards Archie at a spot to eat lunch.

"Oh There's nothing to tell." Kevin sarcastically insisted. "Just one of Bettys sources. There's nothing romantic in the offing."

"Why is everything so weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica asked as we sat down. "What About you, Archie? How's life in the ilwmbs world?"

We all sent her a confused look at the long abbreviation that made no sense. She grabbed a fry and put it in mouth.

"Ilwmbs? In love with my besties sister, what, not clear." She asked as if it was obvious.

"Veronica stop." I mumbled looking down as a blush crept onto my face.

"I'm not in love with her Veronica." Archie said softly. ouchie. "Coach Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain, so I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie continued, changing the subject, looking behind at me. I sighed, handing jughead half my cookie. He expected it gratefully.

"You're back to being boring and denying your feelings." Veronica complained, continuing to push the subject.

"Are you maybe throwing yourself into football as a way to avoid your feelings?" Betty asked, shocking both Archie and I. The two of us shared a look before he turned back to Betty.

"I'm not avoiding anything Betty. I'm trying to get my life on track. And let's be honest here if I were to date your sister would you seriously be ok with that?" Archie asked. Betty went to answer, before Val came over.

"I can help getting your life back on track." She smiled sitting down. "I know mrs. Grundy was Tutoring you but there's this amazing songwriter in New York who's an adjunct at Carson college? Incredible mentor. He does some coaching on the side, and I told him about you. You wanna meet him?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'd love to, but football..." Archie began before I cut him off.

"No, Archie can, and he will." I insisted walking down the steps away from my spot next to jug and moved in between Archie and Betty.

"Call him if you what, but do it soon." His spots fill up. Val smiled putting a piece of paper in Archies Jacket pocket.

"Thank you Val."

"Hey, now you have zero excuse for avoiding music." I gushed patting Archies back.

"Sorry to interrupt sad breakfast club. I'm here to informally invite you to Jason's memorial at thornhill this weekend." Cheryl smiled, handing us each a pretty black envelope with a red ribbon. "To my surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest list. In case you're tempted to steal our silver candlesticks, don't. We'll be searching bags." She snapped at Veronica before waking away like her high and mighty self.