Family dinner

What you wearing

"YOU'RE WHAT!?"

"Y/n, there is no need to shout. I'm simply having an old friend, and your date to homecoming over for a slice of pie and a little dinner before the dance." Mom said as she paced around the room, getting everything she needed to bake the same peach pie she does every time we have company. I rolled my eyes, banging my head on the kitchen island.

"Mom, I've told you a thousand time. We're going as friends. That is it, that is all. And I don't want you interrogating FP. One question I don't like and we are leaving Immediately." I insisted.

"Now, however, if the topic of the murder does happen to come up, I promise it's just simple conversation. No hidden motive." She mumbled as she set the glass measuring cup into the sink.

"Betty told me everything mom." I snapped, banging my hands down on the garnet counter. She dropped her spoon into the peach filling, glaring at me from across the island.

"What ever do you mean, y/n?" She questioned, her cold gaze never leaving my orbs that shimmer with anger towards the woman.

"About you plan. To make FP or Jughead confess to the murder. You wanted their help, and they refused. I'm not playing this game with you. And neither is Jughead once I tell him what your planing." I threatened.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, y/n?" She asked, leaning her weight onto the side of the counter by her hands. "When I invited Jughead, he seemed so excited. Like it really meant a lot to him that our families were gonna Hey to know each other. That's all I'm after, honey."

The guilt slowly began rising into my throat. Not for my mother. For Jughead. I know Alice cooper. She always has an interior motive. But if Jughead was really looking forward to this, I can't take it away. I won't.

"Fp is innocent, mom. Jughead said so, and I trust him. He's the one person who didn't leave me mom. He's my best friend." I tried to persuade, the words Jughead told me of his fathers innocence replaying in my head.

"I'm sure the question of Fp's guilt or innocence won't even come up at dinner." She insisted with a sly shrug as she placed the now fully Assembled pie onto the preheating oven. I turned from the woman with a scoff, knowing exactly what was going through her mind. She thinks she had me exactly where she wants me, but I won't let I or Jughead get played by this woman. Not again.

~~~~

Homecoming dress

Shoes

"Super delicious, Mrs

"Super delicious, Mrs. C." Jughead complemented as mom passed around the other sides of the large meal she made.

"Sure is Alice." FP backed up. "Been a long time since I ate something that didn't come in a combo meal or a snack pack." I chuckled lightly at FP remark, looking towards jughead who was across from me. His smile melted my heart as he started lovingly at his father and the set up before us.

"So, fp..." mom began, breaking her silence. "Betty tells me you're working for Fred Andrews now. How do you balance that with all your other responsibilities?"

"You mean like being a father. And if you don't mind me asking, where is Betty?" FP questioned.

"She left early with Archie and Veronica. Archies her date." I said before mom began to speak over me, ignoring the topic of Betty entirely.

"And being apart of the southside community."

I choked on the small slice of roast in my mouth, eyes watering as I tried to let air into my lungs.

"Mom." I squeaked, finally able to speak.

"You okay y/n?" Jughead asked me as he paced me the pitcher of water that was on the table. I nodded pouring some of the cool liquid into my crystal glass.

"You can say southside serpent Alice. I'm not ashamed. It's not just me. There's a bunch of us working on Freds site." FP said as if it was nothing. I set my glass down watching as my mother's expression went from fake nice, to real angry.

"So if you don't mind me asking....I'm just curious. How did you make your living before that?" She continued to interrogate. That same feeling of guilt began to flood into my throat once again for Jughead. His smiled now gone, the sparkle in his eyes, dimmed completely. He knew what was going on and it hurt.

"I scraped by. Odd jobs." FP explained, no ashamed of himself. He has no reason to be. He's picked himself up. For his son and family.

"I know that you worked for the drive-in, Jughead, before it was closed." Mom reminded, bringing Jughead into the mix. "Did you work there, too, FP?"!

"Dad~" Jughead began only for FP to interrupted him, taking the heat.

"Well, I hung out there a little bit. What can I say? I'm a movie buff."

We all chuckled at FP little joked the tension floating away for only a spilt second before my mother, the woman sent from hell, began to speak once again.

"So tell me, where you upset when Hiram lodge bought the drive-in land?" She asked. I dropped my fork, the loud noise echoing through the now silence house. I looked towards jughead who's gaze was locked on his plate, fear of looking up. Mr. lodge bought the drive-in?

"Stuff happens." FP huffed, refusing to fall under my mother's trap.

"Let me rephrase that question. We're you surprised?" She asked again, this time in a more demanding tone.

"Mom."!I warned in a deathly tone only for her to raise her finger, shushing me. FP's gaze on my mother was only broken by the startling ring or the door bell. "I'll get it." I said in a low voice, throwing the napkin that once sat on my lap into the table and making my way towards the door, the sound of my heels hitting the hard wood floor. With a twist of the knob the door was open to reveal my father in a sharp suit.

"Dad?" I questioned, starring at the man in front of me.

"Hi, honey. Betty invited me." He explained, pushing me out of the way slightly and making his way towards the group who sat at the table. I followed closely behind, racking my brain, trying to figure out why betty would invite him here. Tonight of all nights.

"Betty said you wanted me to be here." Dad said to mom as FP and Jughead stood from their seats. I quickly clued in, stepping beside my father.

"And she does." I insisted. "It's homecoming after all and our families should be....coming together. Right, mom?"

I watched as her scowl soon turned into a fake smiled, directing dad towards the seat next to mine, graceful excepting his advances. I smirked, knowing Betty and knowing exactly what she was up to. Where the hell is she though. Why'd she leave so early?