Homecomming

Reminder

Walking into the gymnasium my jaw hit the ground

Walking into the gymnasium my jaw hit the ground. Aqua and royal blues reflecting off of every surface. The sparkling of glittery dresses and tight suits hugged the bodies of fellow students. Watching as punch was passed out and flasks hidden from teachers, I felt a tingle in my body. Never really being to a proper dance before I didn't know what to expect. Part of me was worried that juggie would leave with another girl just the way that Archie did and the semi-formal.

"Hey." Jughead said, pulling me out of my short lived trance as he hooked his arm around mine, pulling me deeper into the dance. "Tonight after the dance I have to talk to you about something. It's about my dad."

"Is everything alright?" I questioned, worry flowing through my body.

"Yeah. Actually, things are great. Better than they've been in a while. I just kinda wanna figured something out together." He smiled.

"Together?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. Your opinion means more to me than anyone else's." He gushed, grabbing my hand, pressing it gently to his mouth, kissing my knuckles. I smiled, averting my gaze and looking out towards the other students. Spotting a photo booth I quickly pulled Jughead towards it, ignoring his groans of protests.

Stepping behind the curtain after putting a dollar into the machine, Jughead and I sat on the little bench watching as the clock beside the camera counted down from ten.

"Why do we have to do this?" Jughead asked with a frown as I began getting into the best position.

"Because I want as many memories as possible with you." I smiled before placing my lips onto his soft cheek. The timer beeper, flashing going off.

"What pose should we do next?" I asked, refusing to mention the large red lipstick mark on his face. He thought for a moment before pulling me into his lap, putting his hand behind my head making bunny ears with his two fingers. I laughed as the second flash went off, blinding me for then next 5 seconds. After three more photos, we stepped out of the booth, making our way towards the dance floor. Jughead resting his hands on my hips, my hands around his shoulders, we began to dance.

~~~~

"Jughead....I just wanted to say thank you. I know we're only about an hour into the dance but....it's possibly been the best night of my life." I smiled as Jughead and I poured some sickly sweet red punch into our plastic cups.

"Why?" He asked. I shot him a confused look.

"Because....I've never really~" I began until he cut me off.

"No, I mean...why are you thanking me?" He questioned. "You shouldn't have to thank me for doing what any guy would do for a beautiful girl such as yourself."

"Thank you juggie." I blushed, sipping my sweet yet disgusting drink.

"Have you seen Betty or Archie yet?" Jughead asked, looked towards the dance floor. I shook my head no before spotting Kevin by the entrance. Letting Jughead know I made my way towards him.

"Hey, Kev. Have you seen my sister, Archie and Veronica?" I asked, before seeing the trio walked into the gym. "Oh, never mind. I see them."

Moving quicker despite the pain shooting through my toes from the ginormous heels I was wearing, I made my way over to them only to see them whispering with my mother. I watched as their expression turned worried, their words clearly filled with confusion and hate. I watched as they dismembered and mayor McCoy and weatherbee made their way towards Betty, sparking a conversation.

~~~~

"Where were you?" I asked the three as they stood around Jughead. They hesitated, sharing a worried look.

"We-We stopped at pop's." Archie stammered.

"Then what were you guys talking to mom about?" I questioned, directing my attention towards my sister.

"Y/n~" both Veronica and Betty began before Archie cut them off.

"Can we table this? I still wanna have a dance with you, but we've gotta get ready." Archie smiled, grabbing my hand. Bringing his soft lips to my cheek he kissed it before pulling Veronica away. I smiled to the floor the same burning sensation building in my stomach.

"Im gonna go dance with Kevin." Betty informed, waking away.

"Friends, students and alumni, I hope you brought your dancing shoes. Please join me in welcoming to the stage riverdale highs very own Archie Andrews and Veronica lodge." McCoy announced. I watched as the ginger prince walked onto the stage. He looked at me, winking before beginning his song with Veronica.

As Jughead and I swayed to the song it felt as everything slipped away, being the happiest I've ever been I couldn't imagine how everything was once again about to turn upside down.

GUYS OMG. CAN YOU BELIEVE WERE ALMOST DONE WITH SEASON ONE. IT FEELS CRAZY BUT I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE UNBELIEVABLE SUPORT FROM EVERYONE. IF IM BEING HONEST I FEEL AS THOUGH THIS STORY ISNT GOOD BUT YALL SEEM TO REALLY LOVE IT SO IM HAPPY YOUR ENJOYING. Thanks guys😘😘