Essay?

What you wearing

"You gotta stop climbing through my window

"You gotta stop climbing through my window."

"You gotta come back to school." Jughead insisted as I helped him into my room through my window. I sighed, flopping on my bed.

"I know. It's just after the party I feel like everyone will look at me weird." I sighed, feeling him lay down next to me.

"Well when you're not there I'm all alone." He mumbled, playing with my hair.

"Why?" I questioned, looking at him weird.

"Well after Betty and I broke up we haven't hung out or even talked, and Archie is usually with Veronica and Betty soooo....." he explained.

"So we're back where we started." I groaned, playing with his fingers. We sat in silence for a little before he sat up, looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Wanna come see dad with me?" He offered me his hand to help me out. I smiled, grabbing his hand and jumping for my bed.

~~~~

Outfit

Coat

The two of us walked into the trailer, pops in hand

The two of us walked into the trailer, pops in hand. Expecting to see the usual mess jughead and I were surprised to find the trailed....clean. We shared a look before retracting our gaze towards his father who came out of the bedroom, clean, shaved, and well dressed. Jughead smiled wide, grabbing my hand.

"Dad. Have you been body-snatched?" Jughead joked watching his father put his new look on display as I giggled at the man.

"Aw, I feel good, jug." FP smiled wide. "Wanna look good, too. You know, have, clean the place up a bit, little paint."

"We got coffee and doughnuts." I smiled, passing FP the tray of goods.

"Awesome." He laughed, grabbing it from me and turning to Jughead as we stood out coats off. "I read your, uh....your essay? Manuscript?"

"You did?" Jughead asked, his smiled growing. I rubbed his back as we made our way into the kitchen, and standing by the table.

"I don't know, I figured you were just pretending to be interested." Jughead sighed.

"This is excellent." FP praised. "Me....I can barley string two sentences together, but you, you got a gift. Thank god you're not wasting it. Mind if I ask you a couple of questions."!

"Yeah. Of course." Jughead smiled, sitting down while I stood behind his seat with my hands on his shoulders.

"Why Jason blossom, huh? Of all the things you could write about, why pick a dead kid?" FP asked as he pours some sugar into his coffee.

"I don't know." Jughead began, putting cream and sugar into his own before passing me mine. Black. "It was sort of like he picked me. Tell the story that no one was gonna tell, or even know how to tell, from the outside, looking in."

"Who do you think killed him?" FP asked, startling me slightly. "You and Betty are in this deep. You gotta have an opinion."

I felt jugheads shoulders tense at the mention of Bettys name.

"To me....I don't think the question is "whodunnit", you know? I think the real question is whether Riverdale is a place of good. Or a place of darkness and evil." Jughead explained, the words slipping off his tongue like oil.

"Or both. Most things are both. Can I make one suggestion?" FP questioned, ripping his doughnut apart.

"That's what I always get but then it's a dozen suggestions." Juggie laughed.

"I think....at a certain point, you should move on." Fp suggested. Without even looking at him I could just tell jugheads face the same way mine did. "You can't let this be the only story you're gonna tell. Hell, it shouldn't even be the most important one."

I look at FP seeing his eyes move from Jughead to me. I shook my head at him slightly, knowing something was up. He just shook his head, leaning back into his seat. What did he do?

~~~~

"So, you got a date to homecoming?" Jughead asked, taking a bite into his burger. I shook my head, sprinkling some extra salt on my fries.

"Nope." I sighed, setting the salt shaker down. "Can I tell you something though?"

"Yeah. Of course." He answered, setting his burger on his plate. I sighed.

"Veronica told me that she's going with Reggie and....bettys going with Archie. They say that their going together as friends but, I don't know what to believe." I exclaimed, watching as jugheads gaze went from his food to me.

"Archie and Betty?" He questioned. I nodded, feeling terrible. "Wanna go with me?" He suddenly asked, shaking me.

"What?" I giggled.

"Wanna. Go. With. Me?" He asked again, pausing between each word to get his point across.

"You're crazy." I laughed, taking a sip of my milkshake. He put his hand on top of mine, looking me directly in the eyes.

"Why? Because I wanna go to homecoming with my beautiful best friend?" He questioned, taking my breath away. "We'll be going as friends of course but people don't need to know that."

"I.....fine." I sighed, giving in. He smiled leaning over the table and planting a warm kiss on my cheek before returning to his burger. A shook my head at the boy. He threw a French fry at me and I shot up, looking at him like he was a child who just threw a temper tantrum. He retaliated by throwing a fry back at him, end in a fry fight. Sitting in a booth at pops giggling with jughead was all I needed. He's all I need.