Getting better

TW!! Sensitive topics ahead!! Proceed at own risk!!!

Reminder

Coat over top

Coat over top

The snow slipped its way through my boot as we trudged through the result of last night blizzard

The snow slipped its way through my boot as we trudged through the result of last night blizzard. Pulling my jacket closer to my body as the harsh wind pushed against me.

"Cheryl!"

"Cheryl!"

A Coris of Cheryl's name erupted through the silence as we made our way through the forest. Finally meeting the clearing of open water we stopped. Looking around we slumped, finding nothing.

"She's over there!" Betty suddenly screamed, pointing towards the middle of the frozen lake. Quickly averting my gaze from the clearing, I spotted the small figure dressed in a long white dress and a mop of striking red hair.

"Oh, my god." I sighed, knowing damn well this wouldn't end well. Sliding our way down the small hill in front of us we quickly made our way towards the ice.

"Cheryl stop!" I screamed as I tumbled to the ground along with Archie. Quickly recovering we stood to our feet only to hear the ice creek and crack under our weight.

"Wait, wait!" Archie demanded, grabbing Jughead, stopping him from pushing forward. I  looked up and watched as Cheryl bang on the ice.

"Cheryl please!" Veronica pleased, her voice laced with worry.

"Cheryl please, stop. It's gonna be okay!" I insisted as I watched her slowly turn around to face us. Sobbing, her eyes were red and puffy. My heart stung at the sight. "Just come to the shore and we'll figure this out together, okay?! I promise!"

Gone. She fell through the ice in the blink of an eye, disappearing under the surface of the flowing river. Without a second thought I raced onto the ice, caring the least about the sound of sharp cracks under my boots.

The five of us ran at full speed towards the gaping hole in the ice, searching for the girl.

"The currant has her!" Jughead declared as we watched the river rage at full speed. Quickly standing to my feet I began pushing snow out of the way, looking for her above the surface of think ice. Following my lead everyone began searching, spreading out.

Ignoring the strong sting in my uncovered hand I pushed back more snow, spotting the sea of red hair just below the surface.

"Archie!" I screamed, standing to my feet. Using the heel of my boot I began banging on the ice as hard as I could, hearing the harsh cracking sound once again. A strong pain erupted in my ankle as Archie finally appeared at my side.

"Y/n." Jughead sighed, pulling me away from the spot in the ice. We watched as Archie punched and smacked repeatedly, his blood oozing from his hand as the strong ice pierced his knuckles. Pushing my self off Jughead I went to Archie's side by the spot on the ice, returning to slamming my boot into the ice. The surface broke and water bubbled up, meeting the cool sting of the winter air.

Making the hole bigger we continue to destroy the ice until the hole was big enough for me to reach in and grab the unconscious girl. Pulling her out of the freezing water I layer her down in front of me, quickly checking for a pulse.

"She's not breathing." I stated, feeling as if a weight was crashed down onto my shoulders. I quickly started compressions, CPR being the only thing I could think to do in this situation. After 30 presses I tilted her head upward, plugged her nose and gave the air from my lungs to hers.

Doing this more and more times i began to lose hope. The others continued to scream for help, hoping someone would hear us. Breathing into her mouth on last time I felt a strong stream of water being spit into my mouth. I quickly retracted, watching as she spit out the water that had invaded her lungs.

I let out a long breath, collapsing onto my back, holding my chest as the stinging pain escalated in my foot. She's alive.

~~~~

We sat infront of the fire at the Pembrooke with fuzzy blankets wrapped around us Cheryl and I sat in silence. The both of us refusing to utter a single word. Veronica was currently in the kitchen, preparing hot coca while a ice pack sat on my swollen ankle.

"Y/n." Cheryl mumbled, gaining my attention. "It hurts. And I don't know how to make it stop. After everything.....why? Why did you save me. You could've gotten hurt. Your boyfriend could've died. So why?"

I sighed. Scooting closer to her and resting my head on her shoulder before I began to speak.

"Because I was once in the place you're in right now. That place of hurt. That place where no matter our hard you try to leave, no matter how many turns you take every time you feel as if it's getting better you come crashing into a brick wall. A dead end. That place where you feel like there's no way out. Like the only escape is the sweet relief of death when you've finally let go. I've been there. So what I'm trying to say is that...I didn't save you because I pity you, or because I felt obligated. I saved you because I know from personal experience that it gets better. It usually takes time and there are some bumps around the way but I does. If I'm being honest I don't know if I'm completely healed....but I'm getting there. So will you."

Without another word I felt her rest her head on top of mine as we sat in silence once again staring at the raging flames of the fire. Letting the warms wrap around us like a mother's hug, something i feel we've both been deprived of most of our lives. I may of hated Cheryl, but no one deserves to go through the pain and hurt she's going through. It's a terrible feeling.

Veronica made her way into the room, handing us both a warm cup of the chocolate drink, a hint of Irish delight added. As they talked I continued to stare at the fire, making shaped in my head as I thought about what I said to Cheryl. Am I really better? Am I really okay?

HELLO EVERYONE. I OPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS. I JUST WANTED TO POINT OUT I STRUGGLE WITH WRITHING SCENES WITH SO MUCH DETAIL BUT I TRIED MY BEST.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THAT IF YOU EVER NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO MY MESSAGES ARE ALWAYS OPEN. I CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS SM AND I DONT WANT ANY OF YOU TO FEEL ASHAMED OR HESITATE TO COME TO ME BECAUSE I WOILD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP. OF IF YOU EVER JUST WANT SOMEONE TO RANT TO OR JUST SOMEONE TO TALK TO. IM HERE!!!

I KNOW IVE SAID IT A THOUSAND TIME BUT I GONNA KEEP SAYING IT. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND IM SO THANKFUL FOR EVEY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

PLS PLS CONTINUE TO COMMENT I LOVE READED THEM AND DOTN FORGET TO VOTE.