Chapter 2

Itadori watches carefully their movements but is confused by the new girl's actions. "Why isn't she making a move besides avoid them?" At this point Y/N is acting like a punching bag or a mouse between two cats, just running instead of facing them, shouldn't a Sorcerer take this seriously and do the best they can to show their worth?

The boy is getting a little fired up by that.

"Uhm, excuse me" Itadori enters the training room and the girls wave their hands at him unlike Y/N which bows, Itadori of course does the same to her "Can I fight you?" Says looking at Y/N, Maki raises an eyebrow and Kugisaki just smirks .

"Why?" Says the student deadpanned making Itadori flinch and think about his reasons.

"Nothing in particular" he gives her a kind smile

Y/N looks at him for a few seconds "My name is L/N Y/N. What was your name again?" Itadori blinks twice and remembers that they were introduced in the weirdest way yet they never shared names.

"Itadori Yuuji, nice to meet you" the both exchange bows and he sits on the floor which she copies and sits in front of him.

"Well Itadori-san, I decline your offer" she says like it was nothing making the poor pink haired boy sigh "I can accept an offer to fight with no purpose or reasons, if you want to fight there must be something to push you to do it, a trigger that awakens your rage at its peek".

Itadori looks at Maki and Kugisaki over Y/N's shoulders and both are smiling, that explains why Y/N wasn't fighting back minutes before, the girls might have asked her something like "Can we please train with you without getting hurt" or something like that, but it doesn't feel like Kugisaki would like to do, then again that's the only possible scenario in his mind.

"Why were you fighting with the girls?"

"They wanted to test their speed and teamwork without using weapons or curses. It's a wise decision since they will be at moments where they might be restrained from their comfort zone and it's always good to know close combat fighting in general. Punks are everywhere, so I accepted and decided to dodge them to test them if they could read my movements".

Itadori smiles and feels more relaxed knowing that Y/N answered his question honestly, getting a feeling that maybe she just wanted to end their first encounter fast and decided to immobilized him and his classmates rather than give them some bruises.

"I wanted to lay on the ground with my classmates and enjoy the morning at the garden, but I didn't expect my face to meet the grass in the rough way" he chuckles rubbing his cheek making Y/N smile for the first time since the conversation started.

"I apologise for the sudden attack, Itadori-san" she lowers her head and the boy waves his hands in the air.

"Please, call me Yuuji!" Kugisaki and Maki look at each other smiling, happy to know that the boy feels comfortable around his new classmate, enough to allow her calling by his first name. Y/N on the other hand smiles and nods but gives no verbal response which Itadori accepts gladly. Just because he gave her the permission to be on first name basis with him, doesn't mean she wants to be called by her first name yet. It's another sign of how loyal she is to herself and that as soon as she gives them the honor to do it that would be a sign of a bond and mutual respect.

At the door is Fushiguro watching the interaction, waiting for them to see him so he can call them to have lunch, the four students leave the room and follow him just to encounter a noisy Todo walking towards Itadori, Y/N just looks at the whole comic scenario with his classmate avoiding Todo by all cost causing the other girls to laugh. Suddenly the tough boy looks at the unknown girl

"And who is this girl?!" Asks Todo in a loud voice getting close to her face making the rest of the group cringe, but Y/N remains deadpanned not making a single movement

"L/N Y/N, it's a pleasure" she bows and the boy in front of her closes his eyes a bit examining her body language and frowns remembering how sick Fushiguro make him feel in their first encounter.

"You don't deserve to know my name, you se-"

"I never asked to know your name" Y/N interrups him and a vein on Todo's forehead pops out. "But you asked about mine, so I answered".

"You think I'm gonna let a boring ass girl tal-"

"I don't"

"You don't wh-"

"Give a fuck"

The girls are watching with eyes wide open, Itadori is behind Maki-san and Fushiguro is next to Kugisaki jaw-dropped, a cursed katana would be able to cut the tension between the two students.

"What kind of guy do you like?" Asks the tough boy with a serious face

Kugisaki and Fushiguro cringed at that question, remembering what happened to the ravenette back then.

"A guy that can put up a fight against me" Y/N answers calmly and Kugisaki smirks

"You sound boring" says Todo raising a fist right to her face

Y/N lowers her body, not only dodging the punch but swinging her feet making Todo lose balance. She keeps on walking to the cafeteria leaving five startled students behind

"By that answer I can tell you barely succeed in talking to girls, maybe you can work on that in the future" Y/N suggests not looking back, she was careful on using those words not making Todo feel like he has to change but rather considering her point of view, he will be the one on choosing wether to take it or leave it.

"What was that?!" Itadori looks to his comrades and looks at Kugisaki deadpanned while she is recording the entire thing with her phone "You serious?!".

"Brother.." says Todo sitting on the floor still looking at the hall where Y/N was just seconds ago "Is she dating anyone?"