Chapter 14

The next day felt warmer and lighter, Itadori yawned and stretched his arms up to the ceiling hearing his bones sound, rubbing his hand against his messy hair.

He looked over his room, Kugisaki and Y/N were still sleeping; it made him nostalgic remembering the reason they were there, remembering what happened the previous day but the memories of his grandpa in his dead bed reminded him when he visited him before leaving this world.

They are here, they didn't leave me behind.

Itadori wiped the couple of years that fell slowly caressing his cheeks and noticed that Fushiguro wasn't there, he's not the morning person that he makes it look but for some reason he wasn't there, maybe he went back to his room? He's not a social butterfly; after all, but then again they were his friends, he shouldn't feel somewhat out of place.

The doorknob moved slightly revealing a Fushiguro still wearing his pajamas with a big plate and four steaming mugs. Itadori gave him a smile which Fushiguro replied entering the room with a nod, the yawn he made after closing the door was a sign that he was still sleepy.

"Good morning" said Itadori murmuring to not wake up the girls "Why did you wake up so early?" he asked the ravenette boy, checking the time on his phone, it was earlier than  expected.

"I don't know, but I couldn't go back to sleep so I went to the kitchen" Fushiguro said giving a side glance to the mugs he had brought.

"Shall we wake them up?" Itadori looked at the girls on the floor curling up in their soft blankets, it wasn't fair to wake them up, honestly Itadori was scared to make them grumpy for interrupting their dreams "Fushiguro?".

The two boys sat on the edge of Itadori's bed, but only one was fully awake, the pink haired boy noticed his friend lost in his thoughts, his semi-clossed eyelids looking at the girls, the boy watched carefully how his friend's lips curled up in little smile when his eyes met Y/N on the floor, dilated pupils and shaking hands made Fushiguro a quiet mess but Itadori couldn't tell if Fushiguro was in his five senses to know that he was doing that.

Itadori smiled, it now made sense the questions Kugisaki asked him when they had the study session at night and Y/N couldn't participate.

"Have you noticed that Fushiguro is acting different recently?"

At first he didn't understand and Kugisaki didn't make an effort to elaborate the question better, with more details or anything; but now that he could finally see it, he realized that his ravenette friend has been more relaxed, more quiet but willing to talk, more careful everytime Y/N was around.

Yeah, Kugisaki. I've noticed.

The real question was, did Fushiguro notice what he has been doing? Or is it his heart sleeping for himself?

He wanted to ask his friend so badly but approaching him would probably make Fushiguro uncomfortable and if Y/N wasn't aware of the boy's actions the whole scenario was going to be pretty awkward.

"Wake her up, I'll wake up Kugisaki" Itadori hit Fushiguro's shoulder friendly to snap him out from his thoughts, the ravenette startled but could hear his friend's request, staring back to the girl sleeping on the floor and making his heart skip a beat.

"Okay" was all Fushiguro could say before swallowing thickly, his body tensed up.

Maybe that request was too much for him.

"Fushiguro?" Itadori said "I can wake her up, it's okay".

The ravenette remained silent, his hands now fists pressing his thighs, his mouth was shut and his lips were shivering.