Chapter 28

His heart was aching.

The little white lie he had to said just to not worry her too much.

"Gojō Sensei wants to talk to me for a couple of minutes, I'll be back".

That's what he said to his classmates, looking at their eyes so they trusted his words, his orbs able to decieve the pair he always longer the most.

Slowly and heavy tracks leading him to the room the teachers usually met at to discuss things the students weren't allowed to know.

I'm not leaving her.

His mind repeating the same sentence over and over, reassuring him, waking him up, begging him to be aware of any threat that ever came towards her.

Towards them.

His teeth gritting and his fists clenching, an odd feeling going through his spine the closer he got to that room where his teacher and somewhat adoptive family was.

After all, Satoru Gojō is the kind of man who would love to tease the youth just because.

But now..

His words felt cold, not sharing an opinion but rather orders, Fushiguro not being able to refuse to whatever he was going to tell him.

He swore his heart stopped when he touched that doorknob and opened the door.

As expected, the white haired teacher was there already, drinking something, rising an eyebrow after the familiar figured entered, moving his hands in a make yourself at home sort of way.

Fushiguro could feel his lunch at his throat, sweating, trembling and heck, he didn't even know why he was there in the first place.

"If you're going to tell me again that I don't know how to bring the best out of me I'm going to-"

"I already can tell you know how to do it now" Gojō interrupted him, smirking since the boy is now like a little brother to him; of course he knew what happened with the special grade curse Fushiguro fought.

"Then why did you tell me to come?" he kept his annoyed expression and crossed his arms.

"Remember when you told me that you decide who to save?" Gojō asked not letting the boy answer that question "When you spared Yūji's life even after you witnessed Sukuna take over his body?" He added "Your beliefs got stronger because you knew Yūji was and is a good person that was dragged to this world because his choice was to save you".

Fushiguro hummed, his mentored was just repeating things he already knew, his conviction, his strength, how he managed to go from a troublemaker to avoid fights that weren't his.

"I wondered that day if your beliefs could become a double-sided knife for you and the ones you love" the teacher put his mug aside and copied the same position Fushiguro had as if he was provoking him "Would you do anything to keep your beliefs the way they are?".

His eyes widened and Gojō hummed, knowing that he hit a spot in the boy who was clenching his fits in front of him.

"Wether is any of your classmates or anyone that you care about" he continued "You need to be aware that there will be some situations where you have to turn off your emotions and be logical".

And suddenly the memories of that correctional gathered in his mind, how he left Itadori behind because he trusted his power. Unfortunately, that also brought the memories of how Kugisaki was dragged because he started to discuss his beliefs with Itadori right in the middle of a mission.