Chapter 21

"You make me sick".

"Stop acting like your my guardian".

"Idiot".

"You're just a hypocrite".

"You're just like them".

~

"I'm sorry".

Nothing hasn't change since that day at ninth grade of Junior High.

No response

It's been like that since her eyes closed  a while ago, however; he would still sit beside that bed and apologize.

Sometimes he would even question if he was apologizing to the girl next to him or rather apologizing to himself for being a stupid brother.

"I'm truly sorry" he repeated already losing count of how many times he has said those words without a reply "Wake up, you idiot".

After those adults left them, something triggered inside him, but as young as a kid; he couldn't find a word to call it.

Maybe resentment, maybe anger.

It made him throw up, realizing that his sister didn't hate those acts, the fact that they abandoned them, leaving them on their own so young and powerless.

He hated it but he pretended to never care.

It showed from within, isolating himself, his thoughts and only speaking to Tsumiki to insult her like a kid would, avoiding the topic, avoiding his vandalism.

He slowly felt like he was the only same human walking on the planet, people acted in a disgusting way; at least according to him and his ideals. He got used to his loneliness, to the resentment that would only show everytime he got in a fight.

She hated it, but the only thing she could do was watching him from afar.

Even if she was the kindest person he knew, she would forgive the unforgivable for him. She had no option but staying by his side and that confused him, taking that as a hypocrisy act.

Why would you call yourself a good person and then standing proudly next to someone that would punch anyone who didn't share their mindset?

It wasn't hypocrisy but respect.

Just like he chose who to protect, she chose to protect him.

That was her way to show him she cared, but when you're so hurt at so young age; you cannot see the true meanings of actions.

Kids are egotistic by nature because they still lack empathy, it develops over time, after experiences, it's not their fault.

That's just how life is.

Unfortunately, by the moment he was aware of the meaning behind her words, behind her so called hypocrisy she was already bedridden.

She couldn't scolded him anymore, she couldn't glanced at him anytime he would get called to the principal's office.

She was gone yet her body still on a bed.

World is merciless to everyone, to even the kindest and precious persons.

It made him throw up.

He endured it, hiding it but still willing to show how she changed him after deciding on being a sorcerer, saving the ones he wanted, getting hit on the face as the result of his old behavior.