Chapter 35

During sparring sessions, the key is to know your body and its conditions as much as your opponent does.

Bone and flesh being the spear and the shield as your nervous system acts as an alert every time you get hit; and after Fushiguro stated he was going to surpass Itadori, it was clear that none of them were going to make it easy for the other one.

After two weeks of training with their classmates, anyone could tell the males’ improvement, as every time one of them fell against the ground they would stand up immediately trying to give no chance of reaction to the other one.

Not minding being lifted and thrown at the speed of a car, just flinching and moving on, the scars and bruises in the surface showing their efforts on succeeding, as the scars and wounds from within were healing.

Principal Yaga was watching from afar, both boys not holding back as Y/N’s temporizer announced it was time for them to use cursed energy making the adult smile with pride, the students managing to train every single “technique” to be able to hold a solo fight or to rely on an ally.

The memories from two years ago as Gojo explained to him that recruiting Y/N was crucial for her own safety and how her technique hid a lot of potential in the future, her fear and loneliness resembling a boy he met months later by that time.

~

“If someone promoted her at a young age, just means that she will be even better in the future!” exclaimed a young Gojo in the office of his superior “Revoking it just for the last name she holds it’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in my life, why aren’t those old bastards retiring already?”.

At the opposite side of the table Mr Yaga sighed, his old student was right; the girl hadn’t done anything wrong to be considered unworthy of that opportunity, but it wasn’t his place to ask for another chance. It was hers, yet she was confused, scared to speak up .

“This is her chance to prove them wrong, Satoru” the adult spoke calmly trying to make the young adult understand, but the white haired man just shook his head in denial.

“Denying her the title she deserves just for some idiotic past it’s like saying that my title is only because of my last name as well. You know perfectly I’ve worked so hard for it, you know she has done it as well!” his voice louder than before, ashamed of taking the opportunity to make the situation sound like praising himself.

But he was right and Mr. Yaga couldn’t change that fact.

“Recruit her” he stood up and Gojo’s eyes widened “If you know she can go further, then look for her, make her your student”.

“Do you think she’ll accept the offer?” the other man asked as his eyebrows furrowed “Recruiting Megumi was difficult and Y/N might had been given up” a sigh escaping his lungs, his mind thinking non-stop as trying to come up with an idea.

“That’s why I’m telling you to do so” the principal firmly stated, “Both of them are not in the age to join the school, so you have time to insist and make her be your student. I’m not asking you this as your teacher but as a fellow sorcerer, Satoru; save that girl”.

~

“So far only the girls were called for their missions, it’s most likely that Nanami is going to take Fushiguro and Itadori too since he wasn’t the one who promoted them” the man said to himself as he returned to the institute.