Chapter 15

It was the first day of the Teamwork Weeks and Gojou Sensei already left for personal reasons, leaving the students to study, practice and go on missions on their own; not like it was the first time happening but now they had to do everything with a single partner and not the four of them together as they always had done until now.

Another purpose of these activities besides knowing the pros and cons to their teammate and themselves, these two weeks were also prepared beforehand to finish the double of missions on time, since the attacks had increased recently.

The morning was just like usual, Itadori and Kugisaki already throwing punches and nails at each other giving the girl several opportunities to finish her classmate with her squeaky hammer, but for Fushiguro it felt completely different, the birds didn't sound the same, the same breakfast he used to had; now had a new taste.

He was excited.
Excited that this opportunity was given to him to show this girl in particular that he was someone she could rely on.

His body stretched in front of the mirror in his bathroom, cold water dripping down his face and few strands of his dark hair, swollen eyes staring at his reflection; he raised his hand to touch the mirror.

Why am I trembling?

Memories of her sister bedridden passed through his mind, how his life since very young had to be tough for both of them, his sister too sweet, too kind, and him too aloof, too sour, or that's what he pretended to be because at the end of the day he would apologise to her if he ever said something that crossed the line.

Both of them seeing life with different points of view, how Tsumiki Fushiguro would prefer to use her time to care for other while Megumi Fushiguro would take it to pinned down those who didn't deserve to be breathing. Those were opposites by the eyes of the world, but still siblings nonetheless they cared for each other more than anyone would think.

They only had each other and he only trusted her.

But now it was different, because now there was someone else whom was helping him mold those thoughts to a more mature way, not like his sister and not like him, it was in the middle, the perfect balance of things.

If you're too good to everyone, people would take it as a advantage.
If you're too mean to everyone, people would be afraid of you and hate you, you'll end up alone.

You're the one to decide who to save, but no matter the choice; save yourself too.

Walking to the dojo to practice without cursed energy for the first day he could see Y/N warming up, she had her black gloves on and her clothing was suitable for the sparring session and so was his, both barefoot and with determination in their eyes. He entered and was greeted by her.

"Did you sleep well?" Y/N still stretching her legs.

"Yeah" his voice softer than usual "What about you?".

"I slept well too" she finally stood up to have a better look on him noticing his eyes a little swollen but decided not to ask. "Did you warm up already?".

"Yeah" monotone, he walked closer.

"Okay, let's start then".

Something was going on with him, but he made no effort to mention it, that made her nervous, was it because of the modified kids? Was it because he didn't want to have her as her partner?

Perhaps, Megumi Fushiguro was harder to understand than Toge Inumaki.

Two hours passed, the dojo echoed the sound of Fushiguro's back colliding against the floor over and over, he was able to make Y/N fell maybe twice but that only gave her an opening to hit his ankles making him fall as well.