Chapter 24: Lloyd's First wish

Aria was back at the Monastery reading all the scrolls she could find, if the ninja caught her snooping around though they'd surely yell at her. And no she didn't kill Ronin, only taught him a lesson he'd never forget. 

"Aria!"

Aria quickly hid the scrolls and made sure her hair was blonde before running out to see Lloyd and Cole.

"You guys are ok!" Aria runs and hugs Lloyd

"Yeah" Lloyd hugs her back "we escaped prison, Jay and Nya went to infiltrate the police while Kai and Zane went to find the Destiny's Bounty. Me and Cole went to Gypsy's Beach to try to find the Djinn and sky pirates but we couldn't find them. So here we are."

"Sky pirates?" Aria looks confused

"the Djinn we're fighting has a crew and they're all pirates" Cole explains

"oh.. that's odd" Aria says

"A bit" Lloyd rubs the top of her head "I'm glad you're safe, we gotta head out again but you'll be safer if you still stay here"

"Alright" Aria nods and kisses his cheek "be safe"

-

"I know what you're doing and I won't make a wish!" Lloyd shouts

"Oh come now, I'm only asking a simple question" Nadakhan says "do you truly know who she is?"

"..I uh" Lloyd looks down and thinks back to the sword in Aria's room "I don't.. b-but i don't need to, I trust her!"

"you trust her" Nadakhan laughs "it appears I am aware of something you're not"

"..I mean.. I do have a suspicion" Lloyd admits "but it won't-"

"You poor boy" Nadakhan says "I pity you"

"Fine then, show me" Lloyd looks at him "I wish I knew who Aria was"

Nadakhan smirks and they're whisked away to a memory.

"This is a memory, nobody can see or hear us" Nadakhan informs him

Lloyd looks around the room, it looks like a castle room.

"d-daddy!"

Lloyd looks over to see Aria, overlord Aria.

Lloyd looks at Nadakhan "Hey I said-"

"shhh" Nadakhan laughs "I didn't make any mistakes"

Lloyd looks back to see overlord Aria looking at a human man with black hair, purple eyes, and a dark aura.

"Did you forget we have second lives?" the man asks "we turn into boring humans but I suppose it's better then nothing"

"Dad!" Aria jumps out of bed, runs over and hugs him

"T-That's the Overlord" Lloyd says "he's alive, a human, but still alive"

"Now princess, if i was dead would I still have been able to talk to you in your mind?" the Overlord questions looking down at her

"...damn it dad don't scare me!" Aria slaps him "where have you been!"

"Well I survived the final battle and ended up digital.. but anyway I finally died and I'm human now" he sighs "it sucks"

"hahaha" Aria laughs

"you disrespectful daughter" the Overlord looks at her annoyed "what are you doing slacking off" he flicks her forehead "you should be taking over Ninjago"

"hey" Aria whines "I'm working on it"

"mhm" he crosses his arms "you're dating the green ninja"

Lloyd's eyes widen "what"

"shush" Aria walks over to her dresser and brushes her hair

"Did you really fall in love with him?" the Overlord asks looking threatening

"o-of course not daddy" Aria stutters facing him "it's.. part of the plan!"

"hm?" the Overlord looks interested before laughing "how clever of my little girl, the best way to bring him down is to hit him where it hurts.. in the heart!"

Aria laughs "of course, daddy how could you think I fell in love with that guy" she tightens her hold on her brush "it's only a matter of time, i'll make him so in love with me that he'll completely break"

"that's my girl" the Overlord ruffles her hair "now all that's left is for you to unlock your true potential, then you'll be unstoppable"

Aria sits on her chair "and just how am I supposed to do that?"

"Well.. it's different for everyone" the Overlord smiles "you'll get it eventually"

"thanks dad" Aria smiles slightly

"Alright, i'm off to do king stuff, you be evil princess" the Overlord walks out

Once the door closes Aria sighs, the memory distorts a bit before continuing.

Aria picks up her phone and looks at it, she looks around before answering "Hello... It's fine, don't worry" Aria sits on her bed "I know you said your job keeps you busy..."

"No way" Lloyd shakes his head "that's not my Aria.. but this conversation.. on the other side of the phone.. it's me.."

"Uh.." Aria looks at her itinerary for the day "sounds good, i'm free.... yep, perfect" she smiles

Aria puts her phone down before going to her closet. The memory distorts a bit before returning, she had changed into clothes.

"Perfec- wait" Aria looks closer in the mirror "My hair!" she runs her hand through her hair and it turns to blonde "that would've been a mistake"

"Aria.." Lloyd's eyes filled with tears

Aria does her hair before grabbing her purse.

"Now i'm ready" Aria smiles

She goes downstairs and is about to open the door when she heard her father's voice.

"And where are you going princess?"

Aria turns and faces him "I am going to see my boyfriend" she puts her hands on her hips "is that a problem daddy?"

"No that's fine" the Overlord sighs "it just explains why you're so well dressed, you usually wear less"

"hey!" Aria shouts annoyed

"I'm just saying" he laughs "go, the green ninja won't wait forever, just remember not to give yourself away"

"I know, that's why I changed my hair" Aria says

"So as far as he knows the Dark Lord Aria has silver hair and his sweet civilian girlfriend Aria has blonde hair?" the Overlord questions

"yep" Aria smiles happily

"alright, i'll take care of the kingdom" he pats her head "go"

"bye bye" Aria waves to him before leaving

The memory ends and Lloyd back on the island. Nadakhan was gone and he was alone.

"...so she.." Lloyd looks down "doesn't really love me" he tightens his fist "it's just an act"