Chapter 71: One Down

Aria was asleep in her room when Kaname wakes her up.

"Your highness, Lloyd is here, he says it's urgent" Kaname informs

Aria whines and rubs her eyes. She walks out of her room not even bothering to change out of her nightgown. She heads into the throne room where Lloyd was.

"Lloyd I don't have time for your problems, I'm exhausted" Aria yawns

"I'm sorry Aria, but we're evacuating the city as we speak" Lloyd walks over and takes her hand "You need to evacuate as well for safety"

"...don't touch me just cause I'm too tired to fight you right now" Aria whines

Lloyd chuckles "you're too cute, now get all your guards and staff to evacuate"

"Can't you explain what's happening first?" Aria asks rubbing her eyes

Suddenly, the skies darken and purple lightning flashes.

"Lord Aria!" Hanabusa runs in

Lloyd and Aria stand in front of the tv with her Vampire Knights. At the harbor, Gayle Gossip is reporting the rising sea level and the storms.

"I'm reporting from Ninjago Harbor where sea levels are rapidly rising, prompting an evacuation of the city. Within the past ten minutes, winds have picked up nearly twenty knots, and a storm front has come out of nowhere" She gasps as Wojira emerges "What is that?"

"Destroy them all!" Kalmaar laughs as Wojira floods the city

"Oh no" Lloyd says "I have to get back to the ninja"

"Come on, can't someone stop trying to destroy my kingdom for one goddamn day" Aria complains

Aria turns around and almost falls but Lloyd catches her.

"Lord Aria" Hanabusa says worriedly "You've used up too much power in the past couple days"

"Get her somewhere safe" Lloyd says picking up Aria and handing her to Hanabusa

"Will you all be able to handle it?" Kaname asks

"Of course" Lloyd replies "saving the city is our job, protecting Aria is yours"

Lloyd quickly leaves and the castle begins preparations.

"Rima, what's the situation?" Kaname turns to one of the female knights

"the city is flooding and the water is leaking into the palace" Rima reports

"I gotta help" Aria says "I can't let all my hard work and planning go to shit so that another damn villain can take over"

"Lord Aria I advise you to let the ninja take care of it" Kaname says "you need your rest so our plans can commence"

Aria looks over at him "But-"

"He's right" Hanabusa looks down at her "lets wait it out"

"...fine" Aria closes her eyes "I trust you guys then"

-

Aria woke up to see herself in her bed.

"Good morning your highness" Kaname speaks from beside her "I hope you rested well"

"...did I sleep through the entire attack?" Aria questions

"Yes, yes you did" Hanabusa confirms

"I'm going to assume everything went well" Aria says

"Yes, except that the water ninja is now gone" Kaname tells her "she isn't dead but she left to become part of the sea" he smirks "tragic isn't it"

"Indeed" Aria stands up and walks down the hall with her guards following "One ninja down, 5 to go"