Chapter 87: Return Home

The ninja finally make it through the woods and are officially back in Ninjago.

"We made it" Kai pants

"Yeah but.." Jay looks confused "everything's back to normal"

The ninja rush to the monestary.

"Wu!"

"Wu"

"Master!"

The ninja call out.

"You're back" Misako came out "You're all back" she goes and hugs Lloyd "I'm so glad"

"Mom where's Wu?" Lloyd asks

"He is resting, did you all find the gems?" Misako asks

"We found 2 but.. we rushed back.. why is everything you know.. normal?" Kai asks

"Aria and her family has been defeated" Misako tells them "after many citizens were killed the townspeople and elemental master's charged their manor with Ronin leading them"

"Wait so it's over?" Cole asks

"That's right" Misako smiles

"What happened to Aria?" Zane asks

"She is in the dungeon waiting.. " Misako's smile dissapeared and she looked down

"Waiting for what?" Lloyd asks worried

"To be executed" Misako answers softly

"What?!" Cole shouts

"Ronin brought it up and by majority vote.. the city decided to publicly execute her for all the evils she's done" Misako explains sadly "all those dead people cannot be brought back so the citizens are calling a life for many"

"It makes sense but I can't get over it.. what is this the 1800s?" Kai jokes lightly

"No.. they cant!" Lloyd quickly turned around and ran out of the monestary

"Lloyd!" The ninja try to go after him

"Don't" Misako stops them "he must be hurt.. after all he loves her"

The ninja watch him run away sympathetically.

-

Aria looks at the cell door as it opens. There stood Lloyd staring at her, looking out of breath.

"Hey greenie" Aria greets

"I heard you surrendered.. no fight" Lloyd says

"Yeah, I've told Harumi before that a real ruler knows when to bow out and admit defeat" Aria replies "and I am a true ruler"

"What are you doing idiot?" Lloyd asks as he walks up to her and kneels down "they're going to kill you, you should've run"

"Then what? They follow me and I'm hunted like a wild beast?" Aria questions "you know they would, Ronin's calling the shots on this one, this is his revenge"

"Then.. I have an idea" Lloyd says

"No Lloyd" Aria shakes her head "no more hiding.. someone has to pay for what I've done"

"It wasn't even you though.. I know you.. you'd never kill anyone" Lloyd grabs her shoulders and makes her look in his eyes "and you can't lie to me"

Tears filled Aria's eyes and she begins to cry.

"Their's nothing I can do Lloyd" Aria cries "this has to end.. the world will never be safe knowing I'm alive"

"You're right" Lloyd looks down "someone has to pay for your crimes" he puts his forehead against hers "I'm sorry"

Lloyd begins to cry and Aria hugs him.

"I just wish things didn't end this way" Lloyd cries

"I know" Aria closes her eyes "but you are going to be ok"

Lloyd nods as Ronin approaches the door.

"Visiting time is over Lloyd, out" Ronin commands "you know the rules"

"Right" Lloyd stands up "I'll visit you again"

Lloyd leaves the room and Ronin closes the door.

"It's going to hurt you more if you keep seeing her" Ronin tells him

"She didn't do it" Lloyd looks at him "why won't you believe me?"

"Look Lloyd I know how you're feeling, but that's a genuin monster in there, you weren't here" Ronin pats his shoulder "love makes you blind"

"You're right" Lloyd walks away holding back his tears "what am I going to do"