Chapter 41: True Potential; Uncovering History Part 1

Aria sat in her room reading when Hanabusa came in.

"Mi'lady!" he looks panicked

"What's wrong?" Aria stands up

"The spell wasn't stopped in time, Lord Garmadon is back" Hanabusa tells her "master Lloyd is fighting him right now, they're showing it live accross Ninjago"

Aria quickly runs past Hanabusa and he follows her. They arrive in the main hall where Svern is watching the tv.

"Aria" Svern turns to her

"Dad what's happening?" Aria approaches him

"It's not looking good" Svern says turning to the tv

The fight is long and brutal, with Lloyd being heavily overwhelmed by his father. Empowered by the fight, Garmadon starts to unlock his True Potential, and fires destructive energy blasts to cripple Lloyd. After being thrown into the prison's locker room, Lloyd puts up a final fight against his father, but is thrown through numerous brick walls.

Lloyd looked up at Garmadon "You wouldn't hurt me. Your son"

"I have no son" Garmadon throws Lloyd out of the prison.

"The Green Ninja has been defeated!" the news freaks out

"Lloyd" Aria says sadly before turning "I have to help him"

"No" Svern grabs her arm "if you step foot out of the kingdom and into Ninjago you could risk your powers getting absorbed by Garmadon"

"I can't just sit here and do nothing" Aria argues "Lloyd-"

"They're the ninja, their job is to protect the city" Svern tells her "not yours"

"...but I can't just let Garmadon take over" Aria looks down "I'm the Dark Lord.. not him"

"...I might know a way you can cross over" Svern sighs "but you'll get mad"

-

"What the hell dad!" Aria shouts

"I told you you'd get mad" Svern looks at her annoyed

"Of course!" Aria points at the rock laced with golden power "it's Lloyd's golden power, why do you have this!"

"Because it can't be used by him anymore" Svern tells her "since I stole it the golden power has been tainted with darkness and will only cause harm to him"

"...but why do you have it?!" Aria shouts

"Because you can use it" Svern replies

Aria blinks "I can what now?"

"You can use it" Svern repeats "because you were blessed by the first spinjitzu master you have the capability to"

"...while I know shit is happening over there that needs my attention.. I think I first need a history lesson" Aria crosses her arms "First I'm told I'm a reincarnation and now I'm blessed by the first spinjitzu master?"

"Alright" Svern sighs "It all starts many years ago.. as you've been told.. you aren't the first Aria..."

Layla smiles as she hold her baby close to her. The baby was so little and cute, she never knew babies could be so innocent and fragile.

"Layla" Svern walks in "you're ok.."

"Svern" Layla smiles to him "come.. say hi to your daughter"

Svern walks over and stares down at his wife and new daughter.

"A daughter.." Svern sits next to his wife

"mhm" Layla looks down at the baby who was sleeping "isn't she adorable?"

"yeah but.. she's not very intimidating" Svern says confused "where's her horns and tail?"

Layla giggles "dummy, she's not born a dragon you know"

"hm.." Svern tilts his head "I was hoping for a son though, so I can teach him to fight"

"You can teach her to fight too" Layla looks at her husband "she's your firstborn so she'll be your successor you know"

"w-what?" Svern stares at the baby "seriously?"

Layla pouts "what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing" Svern waves his hands "..I just didn't think much about it"

The baby starts making noises and the two parents look down at their daughter. The child had opened it's eyes, she has awoken from her nap. She looks up at her two parents above, after staring up at them for a bit she finally smiles and reaches up to them.

"Aww" Layla smiles big "she's just so cute"

Svern stares at his daughter before smiling. He holds his hand out to her which she grabs and laughs happily.

"Oh I thought you wanted a son" Layla smirks

"I-I did" Svern looks at her annoyed before looking back down at his daughter "..but I never said I didn't want a daughter"

Layla giggles as her husband takes their daughter and holds her.

"So, what name are you gonna give her?" Layla asks (in the realm of the Oni and the dragon it is a custom for the father to name their kids, or at least that's the lore in my books)

"hm.." Svern thinks before looking down at his daughter "Aria.. meaning gold or treasure"

Layla smiles "that's a beautiful name"

"Of course it is" Svern says smugly "cause my daughter is the best" he looks down at her "isn't that right Aria?"

Aria giggles and claps.

Layla smiles and lays her head on Svern's shoulder "our treasure.. Aria.. it fits her perfectly"