Chapter 82: The Childen of Gorgias

The ninja and Ari travel through another forest on their way to the City of Rats. What they found strange was that Ari didn't let them light a fire when they stopped to camp. They also often slept in the trees while Ari kept watch.

In the day time Ari made sure to keep them all together as she led the way. She seemed on edge, like their was something she wasn't telling them, something dangerous.

"Hey Ari" Lloyd caught up to her as they walked "is their something wrong?"

"Of course their is, this is the shadowlands, their's beasts everywhere" Ari replies "The creature we don't want to run into especially is called a vraal. Despite that their are many creatures that can't wait to capture and eat you"

"Eat us!" Jay shouts

"Like that's new" Kai comments

"Do any of the creatures grow bigger every time they eat something?" Cole questions sarcastically "cause if not I'm sure we'll be fine, we defeated the Devourer"

"And where do you think the Devourer was born?" Ari asks turning to the ninja

The ninja all stared at her in disbelief.

"Uh" Lloyd looks around "you don't mean-"

"Their's a whole breed of Devourer's in the Shadowland's" Ari turns around and keeps walking "they're called Uroboros"

"That sounds dangerously close to the City of Ouroboros" Kai says

"Yes, that's where the name comes from" Ari answers "don't you guys know anything?"

"Just how many of us are master's in your time?" Jay asks

"As of right now, me and Lloyd" Ari tells them "Sensei Wu is training Zane to become the next master currently, but he doesn't have much time left. Sensei is in terrible health and I fear his end is near"

"What, but he's Sensei" Cole says

"Yeah, he's like ancient" Jay adds "how could he die"

"Eventually everyone reaches their end" Zane says sadly "including sensei"

"Come on" Ari says to them "let's keep moving"

As the sun sets Ari suddently stops and looks around.

"What's wrong?" Kai asks

"Kai, Lloyd, light fire" Ari instructs

Kai and Lloyd light fire in their hands as Ari puts her ear to the ground and listens. She quickly stands up looking panicked.

"Wolves" Ari says "a whole pack of them, run"

The ninja quickly start running and they soon see the wolves behind them. They keep running until they're cornered by a large rock. The ninja turn to face the wolves who.. laugh?

"Uh last time I checked.. wolves don't laugh" Jay says

"These aren't wolves" Zane looks at them "they're genetics do not match those of wolves"

"Oh no" Ari lights a purple fire in her palm "don't tell me they're-"

The wolves are clouded in smoke and they suddently transform into different forms of hideous monsters.

"Their's so many of them"

"No wonder they got poor father"

"We're gonna have a feast"

Lloyd looks at Ari "what are they?"

"They're Sorcerer Gorgias's childen" Ari replies

"His children? Heh, now I've seen it all" Kai says