Chapter Six ~ Magic

T A T U M

     "Where is she?" I hear a scarily familiar angry voice ask causing me to tense up in fear

"Calm down she's just finishing up in the bathroom," I hear Onyx say from the other side of the door.

"Good. It's dinner time, meet the pack downstairs when she's ready," the voice says gruffly before closing the door.

"Tatum!" She says after knowing the man was far enough away for him to hear us.

I walk out the door in the dress she had lended me, giving her a twirl, showing her my excitement.

"Oh my moon goddess, girl! You look hot," Onyx says to me in awe as her eyes rake over my figure.

"Thank you?" I say as more of a question, raking my hands down the dress, feeling the material.

"You're welcome. Now let's go something with your hair," she says to me before walking over and grabbing my hand, pulling me over to her makeup mirror.

I sit down in the chair and let her do her magic.

———

"Alright! You can look now!" She says excitedly, stepping away from me. I look at myself in the mirror seeing a completely different girl.

Surely this couldn't be me. It was almost like magic.

I looks at my hair in curls as they cascade down my back. I like the look of it half up half down. Onyx said it suited me so I was happy to see the final result.

I look into my own eyes to see them pop against the brown eyeshadow. My lips adorning a dangerous red.

I look down at the small flowy red dress that hugs my body, the skirt of it swishing at my mid thigh.

A small part of me hoped Odysseus liked it. That he liked me.

I shake my mind free of those thoughts. It was sick of me to feel like this when it came to a murderer.

"Alright, now you just need to slip these on," she says with a smile handing me a pair of tall red heels. These looked deadly.

"Thank you," I say to her, looking at her outfit as I put on the heels. It was a long dark blue dress that stopped just beneath her knees. It was sleeveless and hugged her body. Her brown hair in a elegant low bun.

She looked amazing. Whoever her mate was, was for sure a lucky guy.

"Alright let's go they're waiting for us," she says as she puts on her own heels.

I stand up and almost tumble straight away causing me to laugh in embarrassment.

"Woah there!" Onyx says to me, grabbing my hips, trying to keep my steady. She laughs in relief as I stop wobbling.