Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ Kangaroo?

T A T U M

     "So," I say as we exit the front doors of the castle

Odysseus looks at me, waiting for what I was going to say next.

"I'm excited," I say smiling at him.

"I know," he smiles back, fond of my reaction.
"My wolf can sense it," he laughs.

"Right," I say to him. We fall in a comfortable silence as we walk.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as we enter the bush.

"To my secret spot," he says, turning around to give me a smile.

Secret spot? I never though Odysseus could be this sentimental. It was sweet.

"Another five minutes and we'll be there," he says to me.

I look around me at the scenery. It was beautiful. I've always loved the bush. I tense up as I hear rustling in the bushes.

"It's alright, it's just a kangaroo Tate," Odysseus says, as I get closer to him.

"Are we almost there?" I ask him hiding behind him as we walk.

"We're here," he says coming to a stop. I walk out from behind me and look at the sight in front of me. It was a small waterfall with a little swimming hole underneath.

"This is where I had my first shift. Do you like it?" Odysseus says, turning around to see my reaction.

"It's beautiful," I state looking around. Beautiful was an understatement it was breathtaking.

"I'm glad you like it. I'd like to bring you here for your first shift," he says to me causing me to smile.

"Thank you," I say to him.
"For sharing this with me," I continue before looking into his soft eyes.

"What's mine is yours," he smiles at me.

Suddenly as rustle is heard in the bush behind us. I turn around not seeing anything. Odysseus growls.

"Kangaroo?" I ask, afraid of the answer.

"Rogue," Odysseus growls. I quickly scamper behind Odysseus as he growls at the creature.

I'm not sure what a rogue was but if Odysseus was growling at one it couldn't be anything good.

"Show yourself rouge and maybe I'll show you mercy," Odysseus growls causing my heart rate to increase.

Suddenly a very familiar face pops out of the bushes. I quickly run to her and hug her.

Rose.

"Oh my god Rose!" I say as she hugs me back, crying.

"GET BACK TATUM!" Odysseus roars causing me to let go of Rose and run back to him. He growls softly at me.