Chapter Thirty-One ~ Here Lies...

T A T U M

      Today was the day

      Today was the day.

The day I was going to get the injection that would forever change my life. Odysseus' suggested that I still get the injection. To say I was nervous would be to say the least. I was a wreck.

Odysseus places a hand on my thigh, maybe I was being paranoid. Maybe this is a bad idea. Why did I even agree to getting it? God I'm so nervous.

"You'll be fine," a voice in my head tells me.

In my heart I knew I wanted this, and apparently my brain was telling me the same thing. But why was I so nervous?

Is it the syringe I'm nervous about? Or is it seeing what my life could have been like had I not been stolen by my village? Or is it facing my father? The man who could be behind all of this.

His mate was a human. It didn't make sense for him to want human slaves. Regardless of the outcome I was hell bent on asking him. I needed to know.

I wasn't sure. But what I was sure of, was visiting my mother in her resting place. It hurts that the first time I get to meet her would be at her grave.

I look down at the bouquet of flowers that I had picked for her out of our garden. I had hoped she would like them, they were my favourites.

"We're here," Odysseus says as we arrive.

The car comes to a slow stand still as the driver talks to the guards, the car rolls forward a little and Odysseus' winds down his window and gives confirmation.

The guard nods at our driver, signalling we can go ahead. Odysseus winds up his window as the car starts driving again.

"Are you ok?" Odysseus asks me looking at me gently.

"I don't know," I chuckle truthfully.
"I think I'm scared," I say frowning, I knew I was scared.

Truth is, I wanted to see my mum, but I'm not ready. And I don't think I'll ever be ready. But I know I'm going to regret it if I don't do it.

The car comes to a stop as we arrive. Odysseus gets out and comes around my side. He opens the door for me and offers his hand, I smile thankfully and take it.

"Thank you," I say to him.

"You're welcome beautiful," he says to me giving me a soft smile. I look up to the stairs and see my father come down, people following him.

"Hi princess," my father greets me, giving me a hug. My heart thumps in my chest, he looked so innocent, how could he be so guilty?

"Hi father," I say, he shakes Odysseus' hand out of respect. They greet each other and I stand there shifting my feet, I was nervous. I didn't know when I was going to ask him yet.