Chapter Thirty ~ Everything Isn't Always As It Seems

T A T U M

      I lay in bed contemplating my options

I lay in bed contemplating my options. Go back down the cells and beat the shit out of some deserving prisoner... or cry.

Feeling the tears already form I choose the later option.

I cry into my pillow, letting all my emotions flow out.
The person who was my best friend, my only friend for six years didn't tell me the truth until now, but no only that my father wasn't who I thought he was.

My true friends were the people I've only known for a month. Asher, Dawson, Brian, Onyx, Marie, Jocelyn. Corbin and Josh... I wonder where those two were. I've made friends so fast, true friends I'd hope. I hoped they weren't in on this.

Back at my village I kept to myself, while everyone was going their own jobs I was always working in the stable, how could they not tell me about their plan? It decided my fate as well.

They probably had their meetings while I was working. Or while I was asleep. It's been happening right under my nose my entire life. How could I have not noticed?

My anger turns on myself.

How could I have been so quick to judge my village and trust these... monsters! That's what they were, once a monster and always a monster. My father... he wanted to turn me into one and I stupidly agreed.

I cry thinking of all the times we celebrated my birthday. They were my family. I had spent so long longing for my true family to realise he was trying to make me a slave.

"Don't think like that my sweet angel," a voice pops into my mind.

My mother.

"Don't blame yourself for something that was out of your control," her soothing voice says to me.

She was always here when I needed her.

"I miss you, I wish I could have known you," I say to her, hoping some how she could hear me.

"I miss you too," she says to me causing my heart to flutter. She could hear me.
"Of course I can hear you, and one day you will," she says to me. I close my eyes tightly.

"I love you mum," I say to her.

"I love you too, but before I go I need you to remember one thing, your father is a good man. He's not who you think he is. Goodbye my sweet child," she says to me.

Before I have a chance to say goodbye a knock sounds at the door.

"Yes?" I ask.

"It's me," says Onyx.

"Come in," I tell her wiping away my tears. She opens the door and peaks her head through. Her eyebrows furrowing with sympathy at my sadness as she closes the door behind her.