Chapter Fifty ~ We're Here...

T A T U M

     Today was the day

     Today was the day. We were already on our way to our first destination, I had made sure to say goodbye to Tia and remind her of the words that I had said to her the previous night.

I fidget nervously causing Channing to smile at me.

"Nervous, Luna Tatum?" He asks me as as we hit a small pothole causing my heart race to increase.

"Tatum, please call me, Tatum," I tell him before sighing.
"And a little," I reply, giving him a gentle smile before looking out the window at the passing trees.

"Well be there soon, and as far as I'm concerned they aren't aware of our visit they will be receiving shortly so we will be treading on thin ice," at Channing's words I clutch onto Odysseus' arm tighter. He kisses the top of my head reassuring me it'll be ok.

"How far away are we?" I ask him as my heart races.

"Thirty minutes, so sit tight," he replies with a sigh, I lean my head against Odysseus' shoulder and close my eyes.

The last thirty minutes went by slow, it didn't help that I was counting down the passing seconds. I feel my heart race as the car comes to a stop.

"Well, looks like this is us," Channing says and opens the car door getting out. Odysseus opens the door and we follow in suit.

I get out and look around, my head spinning from all the nerves. Rose gets out of the car behind us and immediately walks over to me.

"I don't see the village," she whispers, sounding louder than intended as she grabs my hand.

"That's because we have to walk the rest of the way, I'll lead. Let's go," Jonah says with a serious face, he was on edge, always the one observing for us. He must have been a tracker warrior.

We all follow behind him and Asher and Corbin run up to us, ready to defend us if anything unexpected comes our way. Josh and Channing walk ahead with Jonah, making sure everything was fine while Dawson and Dylan walked behind us, Odysseus standing with me as he keeps out an eagle eye for any signs of danger.

We walk for a solid minute before Jonah stops and puts up a hand signal, silently telling us all to shut and be quiet even though none of us were all talking. Unconsciously I hold my breath.

"We're here," is all he says before suddenly we are surrounded by humans with weapons.

"What the fuck," Odysseus growls, clearly surprised he hadn't heard or seen them.

"State your reason for being here mongrels!" A man yells as he holds up his spear threateningly. Before anyone has a chance to I open my mouth.

"We come in peace, we just want to talk!" I try and reason with him, he looks down at me, his eyes flick to my pregnant stomach. His gaze flicks back up and he narrows his eyes into mine as he looks for any evidence that I could be lying. When he doesn't find any he huffs.