Chapter Forty-Eight ~ Plans

T A T U M

     I sit up upon hearing a knock at the door

I sit up upon hearing a knock at the door. I look at the closed bathroom door before looking back to the bedroom door. I'm sure Odysseus won't mind me answering it. I hop off the bed and walking to the door, I open it and come face to face with Rose, I give her a warm smile.

At least it wasn't some stranger.

"Come in," I say, closing the door behind her as she enters.

"Is Odysseus?" She asks gesturing to the bathroom.

"Yeah he's in there," I say as we both take a seat on the bed.
"What's up?" I ask her, watching as she supports her bump.

"Well it was about the human's and what we're going to say to them... I think that we should sit down and discuss it ourselves before informing the group of our plan," she says with a smile.

"Yeah perfect. That sounds smart, at least then we can think strategically without anybody's input," I tell her.

"Without whose input?" I hear Odysseus' ask causing my eyes to snap to him as he stands dominantly in the bathroom door way.

"Yours, for starters," I tell him earning a small growl from him, not happy with my statement.

"Please, Odysseus... just let us figure it out and we will come to you after we've formulated the plan," I beg him, I can feel his wolf purr in happiness though our bond, happy my mate was being submissive.

"Fine," he mutters before walking to me.

"We better head to lunch," he says holding his hand out for me to grab.

———

"So Odysseus," Alpha Vertez says, grabbing my attention. Odysseus hums in response as he swallows a piece of steak.

"Have you guys started planning how you're going to go about this?" Alpha Vertez asks him, taking a bite of his food.

"Well Tatum and Rose were thinking it might be easier for them to come up with a plan on their own and bring it to us for approval, so they can then fill us all in, on our roles once it's complete," Odysseus tells him. He narrows his eyes over at Odysseus, having a silent conversation.

I look over at Tia to see her head hung low as she cradled their newborn pup. Something was wrong with this Alpha.

"No disrespect, Alpha Jack," Odysseus says out loud causing my gaze to snap to his as his eyes narrow in on Alpha Vertez. I look over at Vertez to see his eye twitch at what Odysseus had just called him, he was clearly angered by Odysseus' clear disrespect regardless of the words he had just uttered. I couldn't help but wonder why he hated being called by his first name.

"Tatum is my mate. My equal. She should definitely get the final say of what happens, especially when she's the key to our survival... I assume you agree and understand completely, despite how you feel about women being called equals," Odysseus says causing my eyes to widen. I look across from me and see Rose and she looks up at me and shares the same reaction, playing with food on her plate.